s1:ep14→(part ii) the hard-knock life of a wannabe maid

╭─────────────────╮
ᵉᵖⁱˢᵒᵈᵉ ¹⁴
❝𝙏𝙃𝙀 𝙃𝘼𝙍𝘿-𝙆𝙉𝙊𝘾𝙆 𝙇𝙄𝙁𝙀 𝙊𝙁
𝘼 𝙒𝘼𝙉𝙉𝘼𝘽𝙀 𝙈𝘼𝙄𝘿 (𝙞𝙞)❞
╰─────────────────╯

"Master?" Kusuo subtly raised a brow, mildly amused, as he inspects the area. "So this is where you ran off to," he muttered.

His eyes shifted to you once again, finally taking heed on the elephant in the room: the uniform.

"Huh," was all he said, taken aback, still not used to the fact that you're not a walking diagram of the human anatomy like everyone else.

You groaned, pressing both of your palms against your face, too embarrassed to face a classmate. "Don't tell me the others are here, too," you mumbled, taking a peek behind the psychic through your fingers.

"They're not. I kept my end of the deal."

You shakily sighed in relief. "Well, look at that! We're starting our deal today Ku-su-oh, you should leave no -- "

"(l/n), that is not how you talk to customers," Mr. Mizuki sternly scolded, quickly giving the pink haired psychic an apologetic look. "Apologies, they're still new," he said, bowing.

"(l/n), assist him to a seat, please and thank you."

You inaudibly grumbled as Akane gave you the most disappointed face that your papa can't even replicate. You quietly led the boy to a seat that is near a window and shoved a menu into his hands.

"Now, pick whatever you like, master," you said, gritting your teeth as your face scrunched up into a constipated smile.

The teen gave you a weird look, mentally snorting. "Creepy," he said, still staring at the embroidered laces of your ( probably expensive ) uniform.

Kusuo better be counting his blessings because as you were about to jump on him and plummet the café's property value, your manager stopped you with his eyes alone, immediately freezing you on the spot.

Demon! you internally hollered. To appease Mr. Mizuki, you might need to sprinkle a bit of your scumminess to your dead-end job.

Taking advantage of the situation, you called out the psychic, "Oi, take a picture if you like it so much, only for -- " you paused, your head instantaneously calculating potential prices that are acceptable and not a swindle that will end up shutting down the café, "..for 1,000 yen...?" you said, uncertain, slowly turning to look at your boss for approval; Akane only shrugged and continued cleaning the counter.

"No, thanks" he blankly answered, taking a quick glance on the menu. You let out a huff, so much for appeasing your boss.

"One coffee jelly," he said, pausing for a second to read it over again, "And a strawberry cake." It was an unusual buy ( and an irresponsible one ), if Kusuo's being honest. The reason behind the strawberry seasoned cake was that it was giving him flashbacks of the first time you went to his home and 'threatened' him ( that wasn't a good excuse to waste his money on ).