Chapter 6

Dean POV

Shit shit shit SHIT. I did again, I let my jealousy over Caleb take over, and now I have a house full of people looking at me wondering why their normal chilled alpha-to-be is yelling at his brother. My parents are slowly walking towards me.

"Son is everything okay," my dad asked,

"yes sorry dad I was just talking with Sean, sorry Sean and Jacob you guys can go ahead and contact Damon," I said curtly now that I have all eyes watching me.

I can't believe I just embarrassed Caleb like this, in front of his brother and Sean. I can't even look at him right now. I'm never going to get him to like me ever again, I know I'm the one who rejected him, he's still my mate, and knowing my mate will never like me is like a stab in the heart. If this is a fraction of what I made Caleb go through when I rejected him, I don't know how he survived it.

While I was walking towards the kitchen I noticed Chris and my parents following me. As my beta, Chris is probably checking to see if I'm alright and as Caleb's older brother he's probably wondering what the hell is going on. I can't lose my best friend, he and dahlia are all I got left in this world.

My family is great and everything even with Sean not talking to me I still love all of them but they don't get the real me, all they get is alpha Dean, not person Dean. They expect the best of me and to be perfect, the only person I know is truly perfect is Caleb.

"Dude is okay? you look pissed off." Chris asked as soon as we are in the kitchen.

"Yes son, you embarrassed the family shouting like a madman out there, what did I tell you about behaving like your a human? You're an alpha, start acting like one, or I'm not passing the title over to you" my dad says sternly.

"Let's just calm down and take a breath okay," my mom said hoping to defuse the situation. "Honey are you alright? Why were you so upset at Sean?" My mom asks sweetly rubbing my head.

"Sorry mom I just lost control for a second it won't happen again," I said hoping my apology will help calm my dad down. Yes, I have to apologize for having emotions, in this family you have to be in control 100 percent of the time. I think that's why Lucy left for college, she couldn't be fake anymore.

"It's fine honey, just calm down." My mom said offering me a smile, she's a wonderful mother, and Luna, I wonder what bad karma did she have to end up with my father as her mate.

"Stop babying him, he's 28 years old! Be a man and stop yelling like a woman." My dad yelled waking out of the kitchen. Probably putting on a fake smile soon as he left.

"He's just upset that you're not married yet. He's tired these days, he thought he was going to be retired by now, don't mind his love, I'll go talk to him, Chris takes care of my baby" my mom said reaching up to kiss my forehead before she left.

"Sorry, you had to see that," I say to Chris, even though he's my beta I'm sorry about half the fights he sees me and my family go through.

"Your my alpha there's no need to apologize, and you're my best friend so I'm just worried about you. I heard about you yelling at Joshua this morning and now your yelling at your brother, what's going on ?" Chris asked concern written on his face.

'I'm sorry Chris for hurting your brother, and I'm sorry for lying to you.' I thought wishing I could say it out loud, I never lied to him, especially something this big and involving his brother, who he raised like his son.

"Nothing man, just planning this wedding and getting ready for my coronation, the stress is getting to me," I told him half the truth hoping he'll believe me, Chris has a way of knowing if you lying to him or not. "That's all understandable, it must be tough dealing with lying all the damn time," Chris says staring me in my eyes and calling me out on my lie.