Chapter 26

I seriously recommend listening to "The night we met" by Lord Huron throughout this chapter for extra feelings. -Queen

Caleb POV

"Caleb what the hell is going on." I heard Chris ask me.

"Jacob was hurt, he was dying and Ivy said she can heal him. She did heal him but she passed out and I'm trying to make sure she's okay now." I said all in one breath, I can feel a panic attack coming but I force it down, I have no time to think about myself when there is so much happening around me.

"Caleb are you okay." I heard Dean's deep voice ask.

Something feels off, normally when I hear Dean's voice my chest tightens painfully, but now I don't feel anything. Could the timeline be wrong? Do I only have two years to live instead of three? I push all the questions out of my head, again I cannot focus on myself right now.

"Yes, I'm fine," I replied flatly.

Thankfully one of the other members finally came back with the water and towels, I quickly picked Ivy up and laid her gently on the bed. I  began to clean up the very deep cuts she had all over her body, it must've been from the attack.

"What's going on, did we defeat the rogues?" I heard Jacob ask in a raspy voice.

"I'm about to call a meeting in a few with the remain members of the guard but the rogues did leave," Dean answered with a sign.

"How bad is the damage? Where is everyone else?" Jacob asked looking around the room.

I looked around to make sure I see all the people I call family, I see Chris carrying Joshua to a bed, I have Ivy in my hands, and Sean and Jacob are on another bed with Dean everyone is accounted for except...

"Lucy.." both me and Sean said at the same time. I almost forgot, how could I forget? My vision is blurred and I stopped cleaning Ivy up.

"Where's Lucy?" Dean asked Sean.

"She's dead," Sean whispered as he started to sob uncontrollably in Jacob's chest.

"No! she can't be," Joshua yelled falling onto the floor. I rushed to go and grab him and hold him up but he was sobbing uncontrollably in my chest. I don't even know when he woke up.

"When? Where?" Dean asked in a rush with unshed tears in his eye.

"I don't know, I was talking to Jacob and I heard Ivy scream so I rushed to her and she was covered in blood and Lucy's body was lying their death," Sean said in between.

"Where's Ivy? Is she okay?" Joshua asked with a raspy voice. I felt my heart break for him. Joshua and Lucy were a happy couple, Joshua being a man of few words and even fewer smiles; was all smiles whenever Lucy entered a room. Even though Lucy was attached by the hip to Josh's twin, we all knew the love Joshua had for Lucy.

"She's fine, she's alive," I told him, looking deep into his eyes and feeling all the pain and sadness they held.

Joshua went back to crying and hugged me tightly. I rubbed my hands soothingly up and down his back. To lose a mate is different from your mate rejecting you. You can survive losing your mate but barely. It's like living with half your soul. Most wolves commit suicide within days of losing their mate, we'll have to keep an eye out for Joshua.

"She's never coming back?" Joshua asked looking me in the eyes.

"I'm so sorry Joshy," I said calling him the nickname I gave him when I was younger.

"She has to come back," Joshua whispered to me. I just hugged him tighter.

"Dad is dead as well," Dean says shocking everyone in the room.

We are alpha-less? Even though Dean is the next-in-line alpha, he was never coronated, anyone can rightfully challenge him and become the rightful alpha.

"What are we going to do?" Jacob asked the question everyone was thinking.

"We are going to get our dead and we are going to bury them with a worrier's death, then we are going to worry about the rest," Dean said with a powerful voice.

"Those of you who can help assist let's go identify and rescue those who have gone to meet the moon Goddess," Chris said making almost everyone clear the hospital wing.

I help get Josh off the floor who has yet to stop crying. Which was hard because he has 100 pounds over me but I finally got him back on his hospital bed. He was now crying softly into my shirt which was probably soaked with his tears.

I've never seen Joshua cry, he was always so stoic showing little to no emotions. It's breaking my heart to see the person who always wiped my tears after I ran to him crying when the other kids were picking on me, who always bandaged my scars whenever I got hurt; break down like this.

"It's going to kill her," Josh said so softly I almost didn't hear.

"Who'd going to be hurt?" I asked him just as softly as he spoke to me.

"Ivy," Joshua said looking over to his sister's bed with a sorrowful look.

"She love Lucy with all she had in her." He continued.

"You both did, and Lucy loved you both with all she had too," I said attempting to ease his pain. I know no amount of words will help, but I wouldn't be me if I didn't at least try.

"No, Ivy loved her more.," Joshua said with even more tears sliding down his face,

"That's impossible, no love is greater than a mated pair of love," I said assuringly. There is no way Ivy could've loved Lucy more. Lucy was half of Joshua's soul.

" Ivy found out lucy was her mate first," Joshua said making me gasp.

"W-What?" I stuttered, lucy and Ivy were mates?

" Ivy never wanted to tell anyone because she was asexual and felt their relationship was an amplified friendship. When we found out Lucy was also my mate it made it easier for them to hide their relationship." Josh said still looking at his sister.

I had no words, I can't believe they were able to hide this from us, but they weren't hiding it. Ivy and Lucy were never apart, even when Lucy went away to college Ivy followed even though Ivy was 24. I saw Lucy with Ivy more than I had seen her with Joshua, I mean they were so close they finished each other sentences! They made no attempts at hiding what they were but no one ever questioned it because Lucy and Joshua were mates.

I looked over at Ivy now with understanding. She lost her mate today as well.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

OMG I did not think I was going to be able to get this chapter out today I literally couldn't write but once I got into the groove I couldn't stop again so another long chapter sorry.

Also super sad I'm sorry you should go watch funny TikTok videos to help with the sadness this chapter hopefully brought you.

I still don't know who is the endgame couple who y'all think should be endgame.

Joshua X Caleb

Dean X Caleb

Anywhere please vote and comment and I'll see you guys in ten days 💕