Chapter 21

Caleb POV

"Could this line move any slower?" Ivy grumbles for the 10th time in the last 5 minutes. "Relax, you said the current alpha made it mandatory for everyone in the pack to show up," I said hoping to calm her down. I learned my lesson, Ivy being pissed off invoke her witchy side.

"You guys have a pretty big pack," Jamal said, speaking for the first time since we left. If it wasn't for me holding his arm I would've forgotten he was here. "Yeah we combined packs a couple of decades ago when my beta mom fell in love with my beta dad, her alpha was gay and had a husband as a Luna and couldn't have kids so he wrote a treaty with our pack once my mom was married his pack and our pack would combine," I said proudly, my parents were the reason why we are one of the best packs in the United States.

"Your parents sound awesome," Jamal said. I just nodded, talking about my dead parents on the first date is kind of a bummer. "So where is your date," I asked Ivy changing the subject. "They are already here, we're like two hours late, I swear if the current alpha sends us to work kitchen duty I will turn you into a rat." Ivy threaten seriously, with the scariest face she could muster. Jamal's eyes bulged out of his head, he was visibly shaken. I couldn't help the laugh that came out of me.

How could the big bad vampire be scared of little bitty Ivy? It was simply hilarious. My laugh made Ivy laugh which cause a very small and barely noticeable blush to creep across Jamal's face. "Hey, she's scary when she wants to be," Jamal said which made me laugh harder, imagining all the witchy experiments she must have done on him since technically he's already dead and can't get hurt.

We were getting closer to the front of the line when that minty chocolate smell hit me. The smell made me immediately stop laughing and for a minute there I forgot what party this was, my mate is getting married to his chosen mate. That recognition brought tears to my eyes but I refuse to let them fall.

Ivy instantly picked up on my mood change, and curse her and her witchy abilities. She and her brother are the only two people I can't pretend in front of, they can always tell when something is wrong but they don't like to push me into telling them what's wrong. Ivy just put a comforting hand on my shoulder.

Once it was our turn I i noticed Dean was already watching me and looked extremely pissed, I could tell the struggle he was having to keep in control. I wonder who pissed him off.

Dean POV

"What are you standing there for kill him."

I looked in horror at Delilah. "Kill who?" I asked thinking she spotted a rouge. I looked around frantically. "What the hell are you talking about?" Ivy said angrily, I looked at her confused, Ivy would be more than happy to kill a rouge. She's always my partner when we go rogue hunting.

"I'm your future Luna you will not yell at me! Kill that vamp hybrid!" Delilah said and only then did I notice she meant Jamal, Caleb's date. "I apologize future Luna for my friend's outburst but I was allowed to bring a date for your engagement party, the current alpha didn't say he wasn't invited," Caleb said bowing his head a little to show Delilah respect.

I don't know what made me more upset, the fact that Delilah was making a scene or my mate was bowing! I growled lowly and the four of them froze. "Jamal please accept my mate's apology, she didn't know you were invited. Ivy and Caleb, please find your sits we'll be starting soon." I said in a shaky voice. I can feel my anger bubbling over.

Once Ivy and Caleb enter the party grounds I said a quick excuse to the rest of the guests waiting in line to greet us. I grabbed Delilah by her arm and took her to a more secluded area. "Let go of me!" Delilah yelled and snatched her arm out of my grip.

"I don't know what's gotten into you but fix it! You are meant to be seen and not heard! Don't you ever command anyone in my pack to kill!" I yelled at Delilah, angry she thought she had the right to command anyone from my pack to murder without even discussing it with me first.

"You've gotten too comfortable, and maybe that's my fault but remember you sold yourself to me and swore on the Goddess you will be obedient! Screw up one more time and you will never get revenge for your fallen pack members." I said walking away from her, before I say or do anything I don't mean.

My anger made me shake, my wolf desperately wanted to take control and make Delilah pay for making my mate bow to her. I make my way back to the entrance and before I could greet the rest of the pack members I heard the most beautiful sound in the world, Caleb laughing. I turned to see Caleb smiling brightly. A second later I couldn't find a trace of anger.

"What did you do to Delilah?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Not going to lie this is a filler chapter. Be prepared for this book to end in maybe 10 more chapter

I need your opinions who do you identify with the most

Joshua

Caleb

Chris

Ivy

Jacob

Sean

Dean

Delilah

Till next time babes

~QUEEN