CHAPTER 7 - UNDER THE MISTLETOE (EDITED)

Waking up on Christmas day, for me was surprisingly nice. I awake in my bed, on Draco's warm chest, my arm resting over it and my hand tucked behind his neck. As I wake, Draco stirs, opening his eyes and smiling lazily at me. "Morning beautiful."

"Morning gorgeous." I say making Draco laugh as he attempts to throw a pillow at my head but misses entirely, his arm limp from exhaustion. "Merry Christmas." Draco smiles and it makes me so happy to see him stress free and smiling for the holiday. "Merry Christmas Kells."

After an extra hour of sleep, me and Draco finally get up. He goes off to his room for a shower, whilst I pick out my outfit for the day. I know Christmas with the Malfoys may not have been the most biggest time for a dress up, but I sure as he'll knew I had to look good today. Whether I was with draco or not, I had to make a good impression to get him out of his family dilemma. Even if I was secretly kissing his dad from time to time...

I start to apply my makeup by hand, finalising the finishing touches when Draco returns to my room, his white blonde hair wet and dripping whilst he wears a loose towel hung over his bare shoulders and chest. I roll my eyes at him through my mirror. "Who are you trying to impress?" He smirks, coming behind me and kissing my cheek. "Why, only you of course." I shake my head laughing. Every girl in school would kill for a chance to see Draco Malfoy shirtless with dripping wet hair and body. Every girl except for me of course. I loosely curl my hair as Draco returns to his own room to get ready. I fluff up my curls for volume and pull a beautiful, dark red dress out of my suitcase. It's simple but elegant with its off shoulder top and flurry bottom billowing out around my legs. I grab a liquid lipstick from my makeup bag and start to paint my lips a dark red to match the dress. After I apply mascara for the 3rd time, Draco opens the door, his eyes widening at the sight of me. I'm instantly flooded with self consciousness.

"It's bad, isn't it? I knew-" Draco cuts me off, his voice surprised. "Kells, you look amazing. I don't know what you're talking about." I smile gratefully at my best friend as he bows, holding out his hand for me to take. "Would you do me the honour, madame?" I giggle at his fancy accent as I take his hand. Is he serious though? The only time we've ever really danced together was a few nights in the Slytherin common room after downing a whole lot of firewhiskey. I had stopped drinking as a result of that very night. My heart warms at the memory of me giggling at 1am in the common room as Draco trips over his feet and lands on the floor, drunk as ever. I miss that.

"Draco... there's no music," I say, trying to make up any excuse so I don't have to perform my horrific dancing skills. But he merely smiles at my words, "We don't need music."

He lifts my hand as he steps forward, putting his other on my waist as he starts to gently sway, humming a tune lightly in my ear. I giggle as he swiftly lowers me so I'm resting on his arm, inches from the floor as he does a dip and pulls me back up again. He finally stops, and I'm in fits of laughter and he's grinning like a 2 year old when I hold him by his arms, stepping back to admire the outfit I realise he's put on. His crisp black shirt is neatly tucked into his smart black trousers, with a matching charcoal coloured blazer. "Damn Draco, you look even better than I do." He smiles, pulling his blazer in by both sides. "Why, thank you." I frown for a second, thinking. "Wait, it just needs one thing..." I rush over to my bed and pick up my wand, flicking it lightly in the direction of Draco's front blazer pocket, conjuring up a beautiful, red rose to fit his Christmas look. "There," I straighten his collar, turning it over. "Perfect."

When we go downstairs, Blaise, pansy, narcissa and Lucius are already seated at the long dinner table, waiting for our arrival. The first thing I notice are their outfits - thank god I decided to go all out - because they're gorgeous. Blaise is wearing a navy blue blazer with matching trousers, a white shirt underneath whilst pansy is wearing a deep ocean blue dress which compliments her curves beautifully. Narcissa is dressed in a black, long dress with a lace design spiralling down the front - guess she'll like her Christmas gift then.