CHAPTER 25 - CURSED

*** Lucius ***

Lucius apparates in front of the house, the familiar building soothing his worry a little, but not enough as he rushes to the front door, whispering Alohomora. He was glad that Kelly had locked the door, but after that meeting, he needed to know she was safe, in his arms. He knew she wouldn't appreciate it but he also knew that whether or not she felt the same way, he would always protect her, much to her disliking.

He closes the door behind him, placing his cane in the umbrella stand and taking off his coat, hanging it up on the peg. As desperate as he was, he knew Kelly would argue with him about keeping the house clean. He knew it was stupid, but he wondered if being married to her would be like this. Just like this morning, when she had got him ready to leave, it made him picture their life together, if there was ever a chance. And Lucius wanted to believe there would be one. He walks forward, glancing up the staircase before calling out, "Kelly?"

No answer. He enters the living room, sighing in relief when he sees her sat at the table, her hands clasped together in front of her, focused on something outside as she stares out of the window. Lucius goes to move forward when a familiar little puppy comes running to him, pawing at his legs and barking. He frowns, crouching down to stroke his head, but he doesn't stop, barking desperately as if trying to tell him something. "Scorpion, what is it?"

Lucius watches carefully as the dog turns away, going next to Kelly's chair and laying down with his paws in front of him, growling loudly. Lucius frowns again, watching as Kelly stays still, staring at the same spot. He starts to get confused - that wasn't like their dog. Scorpion adored her, it was obvious. And the slightest problem, Kelly would fuss over him, cuddling him or feeding him until he was back to normal. But instead, she's sat emotionless, not bothering to even look at the puppy as he growls again, this time louder as he gets up and looks back at Lucius, as if to show him there was something wrong.

"Kelly," Lucius stands up as her head turns, realising she wasn't alone. He smiles, despite the odd situation, but she doesn't return it as she stands as well, an angry expression on her face.

* * *

"Where have you been?" I ask angrily. Lucius looks taken back as I stand in front of him with my arms crossed. "I'm sorry, the meeting ran a little longer. But I'm here now." I scoff, looking away.

"Why are you even here?"

His face drops, clearly he wasn't expecting that. He moves forward a little, causing me to take a step back. "Don't come near me." He stares at me, the pain almost visible in his eyes as his heart breaks into two. "Princess... its me," he whispers. I pull a disgusted face, "I thought I told you not to call me that."

He looks like he feels the weight of his heart as he speaks, "Kelly, what are you talking about?" His eyes search mine as they glow a dark red before returning back to normal. He watches confused, searching my eyes again and then my entire body, his pale blue ones landing on the ring that was on my finger.

My precious ring...

His eyes widen before his face sets hard, looking at me. "Kelly, take that off." I look down at my hand, my finger tracing the beautiful ring I had on my finger. "What? No."

"Kelly," he repeats firmly, taking a step forward threateningly. "Take it off."

"You can't tell me what to do." I smirk, amused as he lunges forward, grabbing my hands and pushing me back, pinning me against the wall. I scream as I struggle against him, trying desperately to loosen his grip but it's strong. I stare into his eyes as I give him an angry look. "I thought you cared for me, Lucius. Why are you hurting me?!" I scream as I push forward with all my strength but he uses hardly any effort, pushing my wrists back against the wall. He searches my eyes, his bright with fury.