CHAPTER 31 - REGRET

⬆This song goes so well!!⬆

**!!WARNING!! THIS CHAPTER CONTAINS VIOLENCE!!**

"I'm leaving," I growl angrily. "And you can't stop me."

Lucius watches me anxiously, his fingers brushing the door frame as he blocks my way. "Kelly, please-" I cut him off as I push past him, hearing his sigh when I rush down the stairs, bag in hand. As I approach the living room, I hear a soft cry from inside, making me turn my head. There I see Scorpion, our fluffy little dog watching me curiously from the sofa, his ears droopy and his eyes tired, like he's just woke up. I crouch down in front of him, stroking his back and planting a sweet kiss on his head.

"I love you, my little troublemaker." I smile as he barks gleefully, rubbing his nose against my hand. "Thank you for making me happy..." It hurt me to think I was going to leave him, after all, I was the one who found him and begged Lucius to take him in. But I knew that no matter what, Lucius would never let any harm come to him, let alone abandon him. Our love for that dog was the one thing we had in common.

I kiss him once more before standing up and leaving, but not before I grab my wand from the table, reaching the passageway of the house. When I go to leave through the front door, I see Lucius is stood there, once again blocking my way.

"Get out of my way, Lucius," I say firmly, confounded at how he was somehow managing to make me angrier by the second. "No. You are going to sit down and we are going to talk about this."
His face holds a serious expression but his voice, even though he's trying to be commanding, is still soft, like a disguised plea. Shooting daggers at him with my eyes, I fume."You honestly think I'm going to listen to you?" I laugh dryly.

"I'm not your little bitch anymore, ok? I am sick and tired of being your side piece, something you can have when you're bored," my voice breaks as I fail to not let my feelings get to me.

"Something that you have been given strict instructions to kill."

I watch the light in his eyes slowly fade away as he silently falls apart in front of me, his face reflecting my pain. "I would never hurt you..." he says softly, and my heart breaks as I remember the last time he had said that. But instead of considering forgiveness, his words anger me more. "Well you already have." I try to move past him as he stands still, blocking my exit. "Lucius, move."

"No. I'm not letting you leave."

"I am nothing to you!" I scream, my temper shooting through the roof. "Why do you care if I leave?"

I stumble back fearfully as he shouts, "Because I fucking love you, Kelly!"

He breathes heavily, staring into my eyes, waiting for my reaction.

But I don't react. In fact, I don't feel anything in that moment.

I feel numb.

Numb with pain because I hadn't expected this to happen. I hadn't thought about what to do in case this day ever came, because I had prayed it wouldn't. For both our sakes.

I always thought he would never say it. Always thought my love for our relationship was one sided. But as we stand now, silently staring into each others souls, we realise the truth.

We loved each other.

A tear slides down my cheek as I think of the first time I had wanted to tell him. That night he had came back to the manor, after being away for a week on death eater business. I had came to terms with it then, in hysterics when he found me outside, choking on my own tears.