CHAPTER 43 - CHANGES

As I rest my hand on Lucius's torso, I feel his arm wrap around my waist, holding me closely to him under the covers. After cleaning all the blood downstairs and finally finding Scorpion - unharmed but hiding in our room after being scared by the noises - we decided to go to bed. We were both so tired, barely being able to keep our eyes open.

I feel Lucius sigh from beneath me, and instantly, I'm flooded with guilt. I know it wasn't easy - having to live with the boy who was in love with the same girl as him. I still hadn't understood that, how Harry was apparently in love with me.

We were friends and nothing more, at least that was how it looked from my perspective.

Then, weirdly, my mind drifts to earlier, when Harry said something about me not remembering. I had no idea what he meant by that. I mean, sure it could have been the loss of blood making him a bit drowsy and dazed but he seemed desperate. Frantic, even.

"What are you thinking, love?" Lucius's tired voice sounds out, making me breathe out deeply as I close my eyes and hold him a little tighter. "Nothing.."

He exhales, kissing my temple before settling comfortably in the bed. Then he turns his head to the side and rests his cheek against mine, our eyes fluttering shut.

Little do I know he's heard all my thoughts, but he stays silent, thinking the same thing as me.

* * *

I wake up early in the morning, around 6am so I move Lucius's hand from my waist and get out of bed. Fairly quickly, I go through my morning routine, brushing my teeth, exfoliating my face, combing my hair back into a messy bun and putting on a thin cardigan over my tank top.

I see that Lucius is still sleeping soundly, looking calm and peaceful, his hand resting on his bare chest. Smiling, I leave the room, quietly closing the door behind me. After petting Scorpion who was asleep outside our door, I make my way downstairs to the living room, taking a deep breath before entering.

Harry is still sleeping, passed out on the sofa as Scorpion runs through excitedly. I go over to him and kneel beside him, brushing his hair out of his face as I watch him stir a little before leaning into my touch. Sighing, I stand up and see Scorpion watching me from the floor. He looks at Harry and then at me curiously.

"Can you watch over him for me?"

He makes a small noise, laying down on the rug next to the sofa, his head tilted up to watch Harry. I smirk, shaking my head as I go to the kitchen. I sort out Scorpion's food and make a pot of decaf coffee, pouring some in a mug before taking it to the other room. Scorpion runs to his food straight away, making me chuckle. I sit at the table, taking small sips of my coffee, my eyes never leaving Harry. I'm so focused, I don't even notice Lucius enter the room. He's doing his belt as he walks in, and when I do see him, I can tell he's freshly showered, his delicious scent wafting through the air. The top few buttons on his shirt are undone, revealing his toned chest and he's wearing all black, making me swallow quietly - he looked amazing in black.

He smirks when he sees me, approaching the table and sitting in the seat beside me. "Good morning," he says, taking my mug from my hands and placing it on the table. "Good-" before I can reply, he tugs on my arm, pulling me into his lap as he presses his lips to mine softly, his mouth tasting minty. I kiss him back, adjusting myself more comfortably until I'm straddling him. I feel his hands as they snake up my thighs and rest on my ass, grabbing it gently.

Then, I quickly pull away, remembering we weren't alone. "Wait, what if he wakes up?" I say, referring to Harry of course but Lucius acts as though he has no idea what I'm talking about, and frankly, he doesn't care as he tangles his hand in my hair, pulling me roughly against his lips again.