Chapter 23

I tried to open my eyes as ny vision blurred at the bright light. My head was throbbing with so much pain that I couldn't understand what was happening.
Slowly I tried to open my eyes. A bald man was looking at me with his scrutinizing eyes and white coat indicating that he was a doctor.
"How're you feeling?" he asked me when I opened my eyes completely looking at him.
"Like a truck just hit me" I grumbled in hoarse voice when a nurse offered me some water which I took eagerly gulping down the cool water.
"Is your head paining much?" He asked me and I nodded at him.
He signalled the nure who gave me an injection to relieve my pain.
He gave instructions to me to take care of my wound on head and that I was fine but I had an injury on side of my head. And it was no big deal. It'll heal in two weeks. But I lost a lot of blood because of it so I need to take much care of me.
The nurse helped me laying down to take some rest. I stared at the surrounding and myself. I was in some hospital room with a lot of drips connecting to my wrist. I also had a big bandage on my head. The nurse left after doing her work.
I was staring at the white walls when the door of the room opened revealing a very disheveled looking Ali. His eyes were blood shot red indicating he didn't slept last night. His hair were a mess and his expression were so much guilty.
"Is it true?" I asked him before he could say a word becaus I was sure that I will kill him this time if he lied to me.
He nodded his head sighing.
"So you're really Harim Ali. Huh. The man I married five months ago. Ain't it true?" I again asked my voie devoid of any emotions.
"I'm sorry" he said and I was furious at him now.
"You're sorry? You ain't sorry. Nor you ever will be because you don't even know what that even mean." I spat at him controlling myself not to lash at him before I could get my answers from him.
"Why did you do that to me? Why you played me?" I asked my voice breaking in middle.
"I had my reasons." He replied shortly.
"Don't you dare give me that crap. You are going to tell me everything right now or I'm going back to Pakistan and asking for divorce from you" I spat back at him.
"Please calm down Ayeza. I'll tell you my every reason. But you need rest right now. We'll talk later" he said trying to touch my hands.
"Don't touch me. Don't you dare come close to me even. And start talking if you don't want me to do anything reckless right now" I replied in raging tone.
"Fine" he sighed hurt clear on his face.
"I married you because my father wanted me too. You were his best friend's daughter. I wanted to dissrespect his decision. I didn't wanted to get married to anyone as I wasn't ready for it but my mother said it was the only possible way I can mend my relationship with my father by listening to him and I did listned to him not realising the consequences of my action.
But after our nikkah I realized how wrong I was. I took the responsibility for which I wasn't even ready so only option for me was to run away and so I did.
And then Rehman was arrested. I got busy in all the mess. I called you because I was guilty. My father lied to your family. They were suspicious so he blackmailed your parents that I'll divorce you If they questioned us. That's why your family never asked you anything. My father was furious at me for leaving you behind and constantly lieing and blackmailing yoyr family. So he took you to London to me.
I didn't wanted to face you. So I lied I was busy. And then for Rehman I needed a lawyer. I knew you have a spark in you and you can win his case as I had all info about you. So I took the case to you. And like suspected you didn't recognize me. I hid our relationship because I knew Feroz will hunt you down if he got to know about our relationship. So I thought I'll tell you in the end and we'll get separated so no one will get hurt.
But what I didn't knew was that I fell in love with you. I knew I was doing wrong to you by lying constantly. So I thought I'll tell you everything after confessing my feelings to you.
And I did confessed but you took the wrong meaning to all of that and refused to even see my face. That give me happinesses on your loyalty with your husband but at the same time it gave me pain as I couldn't be able to tell you everything." Ali explained everything to me.
"Why did you want me to choose between my husband and you?" I further asked absorbing all the information he provided.
"I wanted to know if you will choose love or loyalty. I'm so sorry about that. I was very insecure. All the people I love do abandon me for something at some point in my life. I wanted you to choose me over anything and you did" Ali said looking at me and I looked away from his eyes.
"How can I believe a word you say right now. Who knows you could possibly be lying at the moment" I said sharply.
"You can call my parents to confirm everything even your parents too to some extent" he said with hurt in the voice.
But I couldn't possibly care about anything. He freaking lied to me from the start. I was in so much guilt and regret because of him. I always felt like I cheated on my own husband altough it was him always.
I don't think I'll ever be able to forgive him.
"What happened to Feroz?" I asked him the reason of me being here.
"He broke out of the prison and then attacked us as you know. Thanks to Rehman that you're fine. He knew something was wrong when he heard the crash. He hit him with a vase and then cops reached on time and arrested him. So we're safe from him now and forever" he explained.
"Leave" I said shortly. He looked at me and then sighed and left the room.
The door of room banged once again and I was in no condition to talk to anybody.
So I choosed not to answer but it was knocked again. So I finally gave the permission to enter.
"How's our brave friend?" came the voice of Hina and Amin.
An instant smile formed on my lips. After all I wasn't completely alone. Someone was still with me.
"I'm fine." I replied with a little smile.
They have brought flowers and chocolates for me.
We talked a bit and then they left to give me time to rest. My mum called me too. Apparently, she got to know about everything as Ali had called her and told her everything. She apologized altough I know it wasn't her or my father's fault. So I forgave them and we talked for a long time. I also talk with my sister and in laws as they were worried for me.
Two weeks passed and I was completely fine now. My injury has healed completely. And I had even started going to office. In these two weeks I didn't talk to Ali nor see him. He called me multiple times but I never attended his calls nor replied to his messages. Rehman too call me sometime inquiring about me and my health. I talk to him. Altough I'm sure that Ali was the one behind it so since he know I'll never attend his call or spoke to him ever.
....................................