Chapter 7

"ok. I'll tell you everything from start"
Ali said and started telling me everything " We were three friends me, Rehman and Feroz. Me and Feroz were class fellows and good friends. We met met Rehman where we always went to play football. He become a good friend of us altough he was 5 year younger than us. Me and Feroz wanted to start our own private investigation firm just like your husband own one. After a lot of thinking and professional help, we decided to give it a go as me and Feroz both have professional degree on it. We offered partnership to Rehman too as he was very talented. He was doing his bachelor then. Me and Feroz had money while Rehman had talent. It was all good. One year passed and we were making progress.
Me and Rehman noticed some changes in Feroz he was not the same Feroz we know before. He had become very greedy and he was after money. He wanted us to pass an illegal drug shipment for money. Me and Rehman we opposed it and thus we had our first huge fight. He was ready to do illegal work for money. After six months it was impossible for us to stick together as our fights increased and I caught Feroz stealing money from the company. So i offered him that he sell his shares to me and separate from the company or I'll file a complaint against him. He wasn't willing but he had to do so. I become the official owner of our company with Rehman. A year passed we worked very hard and our company become top investigation firm of our country while Feroz opened his own company. Two months ago, a case was brought to me about illegal ownership of some property. It was million dollars property. While investigating  it i discover that it was owned by Feroz. I confronted him about his illegal doings. He threatened me that he'll not leave me if i bothered him and his work this time. But i didn't stop the investigation. Feroz tried to make a deal with me but i rejected it. I disclosed his illegal dealings to the Police and it cost him million dollars. One week before Aina murder i received a call from him and he told me he'll snatch everything from me which is dear to me. I didn't took it seriously as i thought that they were empty threats but after one week Aina was murdered and they arrested Rehman for it. Rehman didn't know anything about it as it was all between me and Feroz. Feroz wants to hurt me by using Rehman as he want to take revenge on us"
I was looking at Ali all shocked to the core "So you think all of this is done by Feroz?" I asked him after some minutes of silence.
"Yes. I don't think i know it for sure" he replied seriously.
"Ok. So what has it all to do with Aina? She was a simple girl why kill her to take revenge on Rehman? There could be many ways to trap someone" i asked Ali looking at him carefully
"That's what i don't understand here"Ali replied gravely
"It could be someone elso too" i asked him "there's a very low chance that it coud be someone else" he said back
After drinking coffee we went back to the car.
Some days passed like this. From all the information i got it was clear that Ali was right to some extent because Aina was a simple girl. She was very conservative. She didn't talk much with anybody. She didn't have any close relative here except for a sister who didn't get along with her very well. She had only one friend which was in another city the day she was murdered. She didn't had any enemies. She didn't get along with people. She didn't like Rehman as they both were toppers of the class and she was very competitive in studies. So it looks like no one really had a motive to kill her. It was getting mysterious day by day. so i gave a thought about Feroz and investigated him secretly but i found nothing. Feroz was in his house the day Aina was murdered. I knew it proved nothing because if he really killed Aina than he must've send someone to kill her but the real question was why?
Why would he kill a simple university girl to trap Rehman he could've done it by many ways.
It was the day of trial i didn't really had any evidence to prove Rehman not guilty. It was probably the first time in my life that i was that unprepared. So the only option left was to waste sone time so the judge won't make any decision and I'll get time till next trial. I know it was wrong but i didn't had any option left. The only thing that was in our favour was the alcohol found in Rehman's blood as he didn't drink in party according to his friends which proved that his drink was spiked.
After taking oaths by jury the proceedings began. Questions were asked. I was trying to take as much time as possible. The prosecutor was an old man with curly hair. He was trying very hard to prove Rehman guilty. I claimed that Rehman's drink was spiked and it made judge to adjourn the court till next hearing.
"That was tough" Ali said after we got out of the court.
"You think" i said rolling my eyes at that "All you do is hiding things from me and not doing anything about it and now that's all you have left to say to me" i continued glaring at him.
"But i told you everything" Ali said studying me carefully.
"Oh really! Should i send you a thank you note for that?" I spat back.
I was really angry on God knows whom maybe on the fact that I'm not going to win the case as I can't do that on every hearing.
"I'm sorry if I'm being a brat here i really am tired" i said rubbing my forehead.
"I understand it i know it's very difficult and you did great in court" he said.
"Um i wanna tell you something" Ali said after some time
"Yes" i replied.
"There's a man that work for Feroz. He was there in that area at the night when Aina was murdered" he said
"What? Why didn't you tell me before? And how did you know that?"
I asked him getting shocked
"I own an investigation firm Aiza. What did you think I'll sit quietly when my brother is in jail. And i didn't tell you because i just received a call from my private detective informing me about that." He explained.
"So you think he was involved in the murder?" I asked back still in shock.
"Yes! I'm sure of it but first we need to find him and talk to him" he said thinking for a while.
"Talk to him! What do you think he'll confess that he murdered the girl if he did so" i asked bewildered.
"No, he'll not but I'll make him" Ali said dangerously.
"What are you planning Ali. I don't think it's a good idea whatever you're thinking..." I said studying him carefully.
"Don't worry i know how to investigate someone. My men will find him till tomorrow. I'll give you a call when we did so and i assure you he'll confess" Saying that Ali went to his car and drove away and i stood there thinking what's Ali gonna do to that man.
.............................