Ch 5: The lies

Fenrys POV
If the last week proved anything, it was that the lying should be left to Aelin.
Tamlin had been interrogating us non-stop, asking if we were spies or what court we were from, whatever the hell that meant. Somehow, from a queen of Terrasen and the best assassin on the continent, she had become a simple housewife who was married to a warrior general in the human lands. She was captured by her husband's enemies for information and somehow ended up here. I was impressed.
If anyone knew her like I did, they would know that lowering herself to that level pained her, like physically hurt her. She never could play damsel in distress.

She had made me her companion from prison, which wasn't a complete lie.

Feyre POV
I had come back to the spring court to reek havoc, and I didn't need a pregnant human and an overprotective fae getting caught in the cross-fires. I needed to get them out. I would have left them in the human lands but the way the two guests have been inseparable since they came here told me enough, they weren't going to go their seperate ways. And besides, I still needed an answer as to why a portal opened here, out of all places and deposited to people out of nowhere.

"Rhys, I need help" I shouted down the bond. He didn't even take a minute before answering.
"What is it Feyre darling? Is everything alright?"
"Remember that girl I told you about? The one that came here through a portal?"
"Yes" was his urgent reply, coaxing me to get to the point. So I did.
"Well she is with child, two months pregnant and I need you to take her from here. Her and her brother Sam. Today. Please. My plan will come into action soon and I can't afford for them to get caught in the crossfire."

He didn't respond for a minute which had my heart jumping out of my skin.
"Okay. I will get Mor to take them from there today. You sure you don't want to come along?"
He asked. Relief flooded through me at his answer but also a little guilt. I know he is missing me but some things just need to be done.
"No I need to do this. Thank you" I said and left the conversation.
"I love you" was all he said before he too left.
Next stop - Sam.

Fenrys POV
Me and Aelin were sitting on the bed, her head on my lap, her reading a book she got from Feyre and me thinking about ways to get out of here while stroking Aelin's here which she said she found comforting in a brotherly sort of manner...which was when Feyre walked in.

"You two are getting out today." She declared with a worried look on her face which effectively made me and Aelin both look up at her with confusion.
"You need to know somethings' and since neither of you seem to like Tamlin very much, I think its safe to presume that you won't come in the way" and with that she told us her whole story and how her mate, Rhysand the high lord of the night court's cousin- Mor was going to pick us up and take us to the night court, a city called Velaris where we would be safe till they can send us home.

She didn't give us time to react or to even discuss over what she had just told us. She dragged us out of the manor, very carefully checking the corridors before moving, and depositing us and herself outside the huge manor.
"I will winnow you both to a cave entrance where you will find a blonde fae waiting for you, she will winnow you to you to the night court where you will meet the high lord- Rhysand. Trust him, he will keep you safe. I will meet you there in a weeks time."
"Grab on." She declared and winnowed us away. It was like going through the portal again but worse. All I could see was darkness, and the feeling of being squeezed really tight and then immediately being let go, seemed to be constantly weighing me down. A moment later the darkness disappeared and I found myself standing in the middle of the woods beside Aelin, a cave right infront of us, and no Feyre.

A gorgeous blonde stepped out of the cave, in a red dress that seemed to be her colour. She looked at us and then extended her hand. As per Feyre's instructions we were supposed to take it. I looked at Aelin, asking her what to do. Her and I were both sceptical of Feyre and her intentions, but she had healed Aelin so we owed her, to show that we believed her story and trusted her to follow her instructions.
Aelin nodded and we both took the blonde's hand.

Mor POV
Rhys had been on edge ever since the whole Hybern incident and me being pissed at him wasn't helping. I knew that and yet I couldn't get over it. He left my high lady and friend in the clutches of the one man she never wanted to face again.

When Feyre asked Rhys to take Lillian and Sam to Velaris, he didn't even think twice before agreeing and when me and Amren had berated him about it, he had lost his temper.
"Feyre is your high lady and you will do as she says" he had shouted, and Amren and I were both taken back. That was when I saw how much Feyre being with Tamlin hurt him and so I had nodded and asked Rhys to tell me what to do.

Now, here I am, offering my hand to winnow a very beautiful human female, who for some reason had this aura of power, the same Rhys has when he doesn't release his magic for too long. It must be the overwhelming smell of roses meddling with my senses. With her was the most gorgeous fae male I had ever seen, even prettier than Rhys, which was saying something.

They grabbed onto my hand and without any warning, I winnowed them to Velaris.