Ch 50: "We won fireheart, we won"

Third Person POV

A deafening silence echoed on the battlefield as the collars and rings crumbled into dust and the valg all fell dead. No one dared to move, too scared to stop the valg from diminishing. The only sound came from the white-haired king of Terrasen who let out earth-shaking screams, mourning his lost mate. Kneeling on the ground, crying and screaming as if a child in denial, everyone watched but no stopped him, the people unaware of the fact that their ruler had just sacrificed herself for them.

Across the battlefield, a brother screamed as well, mourning his sister's and queen's loss, screaming and crying for her to come back- but the dead never answer.

--------------------------------------

Rhysand POV

She thanked us. She thanked us before she went and gave up her life. Why the hell didn't she just burn her!! Tears were rolling down my face as I watched Aedion cradle her in his arms, crying and begging her to not leave him, but she was gone- really gone.

The moment that Feyre had died that day under the mountain was the single most terrifying moment of my life, watching Tamlin do the same thing that Aedion was doing. My mind was reeling with long buried memories, everything flooding my body with overwhelming guilt and sadness.

The feeling of standing there and watching someone else hold the person you loved was torture, and it was yet again as I watched Aedion say his goodbyes while her mind was still alive, even though she herself wasn't as I had to stand there- her brother for a shorter time. I had never even hugged her properly, I realised.

"Rhys. Rhys. Rhys." Feyre called, shaking my shoulder, "call the highlords and Rowan, now. We don't have much time before she truly dies." she said to me, turning everyone's heads to us except Aedion. Life and hope came back to my own body at the thought of getting my long lost sister back.

"Come to the witch towers. We might be able to save her." I said through the mind links, simple and short. "Thesan and Helion, they're unconcious." Fenrys said, his face stoic and determined. "I'll take their place and Rowan can help." Feyre answered quickly, moving away from me and walking to the now broken cauldron. "lift her body and put her in here." Feyre ordered, gesturing towards the big black cauldron which now had cracks running through it. Coming out of his mournful daze, Aedion stood up with Aelin's limp body in his arms and placed her, slowly and gently in the cauldron.

One by one the high lords began to appear, even Tamlin and Beron showed up and for that I would be in their debt. A white tailed hawk landed right before Tarquin appeared, transforming into Rowan mid-air before landing beside me. He didn't even acknowlege any of us as his tear filled eyes found Aelin's body, his feet taking him to her.

I stepped forward placing my hand on the cauldron and sending a sliver of my power down, one of the cracks mending itself as I did so, encouraging the other high lords to not waste time and do the same. All the other high lords slowly followed, thankfully no questions asked as the cauldron began healing itself. Feyre guided Rowan as she placed her own hand on the rim, sending the power of Helion through, "Rowan, find that part that connects you to this world- to her and then break a small piece of it and send it down the cauldron." she said, doing it herself to demonstrate.

It didn't even take him a minute before the last crack in the cauldron mended itself and a huge wave of magic and excruciatingly bright light blasted out of the cauldron, sending us all to the ground. I looked up after a moment, the light dimming a little and found a limp Aelin floating in the air surrounded by two misty figures, neither of which I recognized. Two men, both with crowns on their hands as their hands rested on my sister's forehead. I looked around to see any hint of recognition in anyone's eyes, just as Dorian gasped out loud. "Father" he said which sounded more like a whimper, and one of the figures looked up, turning towards to Dorian.

"My son" the man smiled, kindness and power radiating from him. "Dorian. That's my name." he said, as if in awe of his own words. "Thank her for me please son, she gave me my name back." he said, turning back.

The other king, he had a blue mark shining on his forehead as he too smiled at Aelin, and then turned towards Rowan. "Take care of my bloodline, King consort of Terrasen." he said and then vanished into thin air. The other king- Dorian- looked at his son one last time before he too disappeared. The bright light illuminating Aelin vanished as she fell from the sky and my magic caught her before she could hit the cauldron and break her head.

A gasp echoed around the room as Aelin's eyes shot open and she inhaled a deep breath, still hovering in the air. Rowan didn't wait a second before his arms were wrapped around his mate, tears of pure joy escaping his eyes as he kissed her.

"We won, fireheart. We won." he chanted into her ear as he buried his face into her neck as if to memorize her scent. She didn't reply as she too
hugged his chest, relief and love evident on her face.