Ch 12: The High Lady of the Night Court

"I would honestly really like to see you try."

Rhysand POV
All heads turned to the now open door, and there, in front of the gates stood my beautiful mate, along with someone behind her who didn't seem to want to come out of Feyre's shadow. "What are you doing here? I thought I told you to stay home" said Tamlin, really testing my patience. The only reason his throat was not ripped out right now was because she had made me promise last night through the bond to not hurt him.

Feyre ignored him and stepped inside the room, the girl not moving but the shadows seemed to hide her. Feyre strode towards me, stood on her toes and kissed me, my hand going around her waist on instinct. I could feel every single person's eyes on us but I was too happy to see Feyre to really care. Cassian cleared his throat after about a minute or so, breaking our make-out session. "I will Kill you Rhysand!! Stop mind-controlling her!!" Tamlin bellowed. How could someone be so dense. "He isn't. I am here by choice. Now, about that un-peaceful attack you were threatening my mate with." Feyre started.

I smirked at Tamlin's gobsmacked face, I thought this time perfect to crown her. I waved my hand and the crown appeared on Feyre's head, completing her black Night Court outfit. "What is happening?" asked Helion. "Nothing. I am just crowning the High Lady of the night court." I answered. Every High Lord in the room lost their cool, Helion just chuckled,"you always did have a thing for ignoring the rules."

Every one of them opened their mouth to protest but I lashed out my power stealing their ability to speak leaving Helion. "I wasn't asking." I said simply before I released them. Feyre was smiling at me through all of this. 'I missed you' she said through the bond, and I answered by sending her an image of what I planned to do to her later, which had her laughing. Not really sending the best picture to the High Lords but I didn't care about anything right now, in front of my mates ethereal laugh.

We were interrupted by Sam clearing his throat this time. I ought to glare at him but thought against the idea,"mind introducing your friend there Feyre?" he asked. I almost forgot that there was someone standing there at the doors. Feyre flicked her hand, the shadows dispersing, obeying her will, and there stood a beautiful black haired woman, "Hello Celaena." she said. A gasp echoed across the room which had me looking towards the source. "Kaltain."

-----------------------------------------------

Rowan POV
Maeve had stopped after just three lashes, saying she would give me time to think it over without pain clouding my vision. The binds were still there, cutting into my wrists but that was not a concern right now, my mind circling back to the dull feeling of the mating bond that is beating inside my chest. I couldn't feel it strengthen but I should have, Maeve is here which meant Cairn is here, but where the hell is Aelin. The mystery was eating my brain alive, the only relief that Cairn was here and not with her.

That bitch had placed a spell on me, all my magic flowing into the iron instead of bottling up inside, making my bonds stronger. I couldn't use it to plug the bond like Aelin did. Aelin. I missed her so much, I was this close to going insane all this time without her,but she would kill me if she found out that I had become useless without her around.

My thoughts were interrupted by a rattling of chains a little ahead of me. A minute later, Gavriel and Lorcan walked in. "She forgot that my power is darkness too." Lorcan said as an explanation. A relieved sigh escaped my lips. Both of them strode towards me, in sync, and held out their hands, their powers lashing out on the iron.

The iron glowed in resistance and sent out a blast, taking Lorcan and Gavriel off their feet and had them flying into the walls on either side. "It's sucking in all my magic. You won't be able to take them off. Just go. Find her and bring her back to me, please." I said, almost begging.

Lorcan, ever the unemotional bastard just nodded his head and turned to walk away but Gavriel was a little hesitant. I nodded at him in confirmation, that this is what I wanted. He slowly inched back and then turned and walked away. I had just doomed myself, sending my companions and possible saviours away, but I couldn't bring myself to care about my own demise when the image of Gavriel removing the iron mask from Aelin's face was burning in my head, giving me the first inkling of hope in three months.