ELEVEN

Word Count: 2009

I don't waste any time, whirling around to walk quickly down the alleyway and back toward the restaurant Lev is in.

Panic wraps itself around my heart that thunders against my chest as I race around the corner, refusing to look back over my shoulder. The brief image of him I got before fleeing is imprinted in my mind, yet I can't quite figure out who it was an where I have heard that voice before.

I don't care who it is, I'm not getting in the car with him.

Lev is standing speaking to the waiters, trying to get us a table as I push through the glass door and into the restaurant, trying to reign in my panic as I grab his shoulder, forcing him to turn back to look at me.

"Leven, we need to go," I tell him, not caring that people our staring, bothered that I have interrupted their dinners.

Lev's eyes widen as he stares me down. "What's wrong?"

"I'll tell you once we get out of here," I insist, not wanting to stay around this area for a moment longer. At least with lev by my side, maybe whoever that is won't follow me, although I can't be sure. My next best bet is that once we get up the boardwalk further there will be a bigger crowd of people to mix within.

Thankfully, Lev can see the fright in my eyes, nodding mutely as he allows me to pull him from the restaurant and back out into the balmy night air.

Just as we turn the corner, Lev's lips parting to ask me what has frightened me so much, the stranger from the car appears, leaning against the wall right outside the restaurant. I stumble to a stop, fear gripping me by the throat, by the heart.

"Amolet..." the man says calmly, his tone soothing, although only adds fuel to my panicked fire.

Lev stills beside me, gaping at the man in front of us. "Woah...Alpha Isaiah?"

It hits me straight in the chest, as I realise why he looks so familiar. I've seen him in books and on television, his dark hair, green eyes and immaculate looks unforgettable. Despite the fact that this is obviously the Alpha of this Pack I stand in right now, it's hard to imagine why he is here, trying to summon me into his car.

"You don't need to fear me, I just want to speak to you," he says, raising his hands up defensively. I take a wary step back regardless, unsure whether I'm imagining what is before me right now. There is no way I'm looking at an Alpha, although weeks ago I wouldn't have imagined meeting Alpha Noah, or a Sin.

"I'm not going to get into your car," I growl, knowing it's sitting just a street over, ready to drive me off to never be heard from again. Lev is still beside me, unsure of what to say.

"But I need to speak to you in private," he mutters, as if he can't quite believing I'm disagreeing.

I grit my teeth, knowing that Isaiah likely has everyone bowing at his feet daily, so having me refuse an offer to step into a car with him is probably coming as a surprise. He's handsome too, with a sweeping jawline and other precise features to match. His lashes are unbelievably thick and dark, framing his vibrant green eyes that I have no doubt make most men and women swoon.

"Come on Lev, we need to go," I mutter, grabbing at my friend's arm to drag him away, yet he remains firm where he is standing, entranced by Isaiah.

"We should probably obey the demands of an Alpha," he tells me, concern flooding his eyes as he looks at me. I frown, realising that he doesn't have any reason to fear Isaiah. I may not either, yet knowing Noah plans to kill Cian, I have a lot more to fear from Alpha's.

"You're not obliged to, but I recommend it, personally," Isaiah tells me, although his tone is firm.

I hesitate, unsure of what to do next. My eyes drift down to his black leather gloves, hands clasped together. It's not uncommon on Alpha's, I've read, yet just seeing it makes me uneasy. I'm not sure why all these powerful people have decided I'm of worth to them suddenly. I hardly have any idea of what is truly going on.