FORTY SEVEN

Word Count: 1900

~Amolet

I rest my head against Cian's chest, bathing in the morning light streaming through the gap in the curtains.

"You know I've been terrified of you since I met you," I murmur, tracing the tip of my finger along the contours of his chest. It feels strange admitting that, knowing where I am now. I'm not sure when that fear faded away, but it's utterly gone, replaced instead by this warmth inside me that has bonded us so deeply it would be painful to be torn away from him again.

"Is that why you brought me a children's book in to read?" he asks. I can feel his soft laugh against my hear, making me smile.

Tilting my head up, I point at him. "You read it!"

I still can't believe I did that. Were it anyone else, were we not naturally drawn to each other, I don't think I would have done it. I chose that book, not because I thought he would actually read it, but because it meant something to me at the time, and I wanted to show him that...

That he could trust me.

"I glanced at it," he nudges me, making me fall back to the pillow with a laugh. The image of him reading that book will give me infinite enjoyment from this moment onward. "It amused me, that you would do that for a dangerous Sin locked in a mental facility."

"I'm not exactly known for my good decisions," I merely say, adjusting my hair that is fanned out over the pillow. I think everyone I was around, Lev included, thought I was out of my mind for that period of time.

Cian sits up, leaning over me. "If it ended up bringing you here, to me, then everything is as it should be."

I smile, letting him lean in to kiss me. Absoloute bliss spreads through me, my arms coming up to wrap around Cian's torso. His kisses are soft and lazy, move along from my lips, to my cheeks and down to my neck. His silken hair brushes along my skin, which I can't help but to dig my fingers into.

As per usual, a thought forces it's way into the front of my mind, my eyes fluttering closed in defeat. "I met Abella."

Cian stops, and then raises his head, eyes wide as he examines my face for more answers.

"In Death's Realm?"

"Yes. Noah was hiding her in there, using her power," I explain slowly, aware that until now, he didn't know she was dead, and that this could be heart-breaking for him to hear. "Now she is dead, but yet alive...She should be dead, I mean. It should have killed her, which is why she can't leave the realm."

He sits up, the blankets falling away from him as the stunned expression remains on his face. I stay where I am, just watching him, unsure of whether I should comfort him, or let him think this through.

"I can't believe he really killed her," he breathes, his chest rising and falling quickly.

I nod calmly. Upon meeting Abella, I can see why Cian loved her so much, why he was so affected when she chose Noah over him. If he left me now, I might consider putting myself into a dark prison for years to not have to witness the outside world. Cian hid to stop himself from hurting anyone with his powers...I wish I had that kind of restraint.

"He's a monster," I remind him, grabbing his hand to squeeze is tightly. "I think Abella is going to get some good revenge on him down there."

He manages the softest, slightest smile. "That makes me feel better."

"You should know, though, that he faked their mate bond." I feels wrong to keep this from him. I may not have ever known my original mate, who Sinful assumes I had and who died, forcing a bond to be made between Cian and I in absence of what was originally there, but I would want to know.