TWENTY NINE

Word Count: 1806

¬Amolet

I nearly topple over in shock.

Not only is the fact that Cian is gone, nowhere to be seen, and I'm standing in a snowy labrinth absolutely terrifying, but I'm standing before Stace, who last time I checked, wants to lock me away from Cian for my own 'safety'. And now he stands before me, looking like he is going to eat me alive.

"You need to send me back," I say immediately. I'm not sure how he got me here, away from Cian, but I need to go back. What if Cian is looking for me? As I turn to look over my shoulder, realising with horror that I'm atop a mountain, similar to Sinful's, but everything below this cliff is made of ragged rocks, which I assume contributed to why Stace wanted to bring me here to talk.

The snow falls around Stace gently, so silent and beautiful it's in stark contrast to the fear thundering inside my chest. "Is everything okay?"

I gape at him. "No, you...I don't know how you did that but I was meant to be going somewhere else, with Cian."

"I used my powers to bring you here the moment I felt you being transported," he informs me, looking at me as if he is wary of me, or maybe if he is worried. Either way I'm beyond angry...And cold. It's freezing out here, the brittle air whipping straight through my thin jacket.

"You need to take me back, Stace," I say steadily, ready to lurch away if he tries reaching for me to transport me away. Even so, behind me, if I walk back a few steps, I will topple off the side of the cliff to my death below, so he has successfully trapped me. I'm not sure why he chose here instead of just taking me straight to Noah, where I'm inevitably going to end up.

"I wanted to make sure you were safe," he exclaims, as if it should be obvious.

"You may hate Cian, but I trust him," I tell him, each breath I'm drawing in so bitterly cold it's hurting my lungs. "Please don't take me back to Noah."

Stace doesn't seem to mind the cold at all compared to me, wearing his usually black tunic and jacket, his black tattoos in beautiful contrast to the stark white snow around him. He's so pretty to look at, it's no surprise he's not from this realm. It makes me wonder if everyone where he is from looks the way he does, or if they have similar powers. If so, I never want to get anywhere near it.

"But I felt you use your powers," he says, narrowing his eyes.

"How do you know I have powers?" I ask apprehensively. He sounds suspicious, like I've done something I shouldn't have. I suppose I have, but yet some dark part of me doesn't feel bad about choking Sinful. He deserved it, at the very least, and I didn't kill him.

"I can sense that about you too. I could from the moment I met you," he admits, shoving his hands in his pockets. Sense? What does that even mean? I can sense that Stace is terrifying, and that he has powers, but nothing specific.

Either way, I'm going to use the fact that he knows more than me or anyone else to my advantage, as I'm so lost about my powers. "Can you tell me why I have power's, because I have no idea what is going on."

"I assume it has something to do with you being Cian's mate," Stace says with a shrug, tilting his head from side to side. So he doesn't know completely either.

"You know?"

He shrugs again, as if it's not a big deal. "I sensed that too."

"Is there anything you can't sense?" I ask nervously, wondering what else he knows that he hasn't told me. If he knew the entire time since meeting me that I had powers, I would have assumed he would have told me right away. It doesn't benefit him, though. Now that I know what I'm capable of, I can take him down. But if I did that right now, I would be left on the edge of this mountain to freeze to death, so I'm going to have to rely on him to get me out of here.