NINETEEN

Word Count: 2158

~Abella

Once again, I avoid Cian's grasp.

His words are not a surprise, but it's still terrifying to hear him say it.

He bent his head down, almost like he is reluctant to mention it, and asked me to come with him to the immortal realm.

"I can't go to the Immortal realm with you," I exclaim firmly. The last time I went with him to the Immortal realm, I didn't have a choice, and although I didn't explore beyond Cian's personal home, it was terrifying. A mortal like me wouldn't survive a day there, if the rumours and stories about it are true.

Cian frowns, crossing his arms over his chest. "Why not?"

"I don't belong there," I remind him, motioning over myself as if my mortality is painfully obvious. To him, it likely is, and likely would be to anyone else living there. Even though Cian hasn't killed me yet, I can't trust that he won't leave me there alone at some point, or that he won't care if anything bad were to happen to me.

"Sure you do," he says with a shrug, making it sound as though this isn't a big deal. I wonder if Cian is afraid of anything anymore, especially considering how long he has existed. "You will be with me."

I narrow my eyes on the immortal, reminding him that what he says isn't always going to mean anything to me. He doesn't look hurt by that, but he does look surprised. I'm deciding that he didn't kill Abella, but I have no doubt he has done other devious things to Noah that have made the Alpha hate him so much. I want to trust him, but I can't yet.

"I'm not your equal," I breathe.

Cian steps forward, shaking his head at me. Frightened by his sudden proximity, I stumble back, still scared he is going to grab me and the world around me will disappear and when I next open my eyes, I'll be in the Immortal Realm.

"Do not say that. You are beyond me, Amolet," he murmurs calmly, although there is something firm about that.

I sit back down, my legs suddenly not able to keep me standing. I'm not beyond Cian, and he knows that, so I'm not sure why he is being so kind. Maybe he thinks I am fragile, that I'm close to exploding and going back to siding with Stace and Noah, so he is acting this way to get me to do what he wants.

"Why are we going to the Immortal realm?" I question.

"I need help in dealing with this situation." I follow Cian into the kitchen, watching as he starts to heat some water. I realise that I'm still shivering, unable to shake the cold feeling still lingering inside me. Had I been outside a moment longer, I likely wouldn't have survived. "As much as I don't exactly want it from this person."

"Who?" I'm not even sure I want to know at this point.

"Another Sin," he admits. "Technically a sibling."

I shiver, knowing what that means. Going to the Immortal Realm is terrifying enough, but knowing that I would be going there with the intention of meeting an immortal Sin makes this all the more confronting.

"I can't go if there's going to be a Sin there," I panic.

Cian eyes me as he stirs the drink in front of him, the steam wafting up around his face. "Why not?"

Swallowing uncomfortably, I attempt to figure out the best way to say that Sin's are meant to be the bad guys, the ones people are scared of and avoid. Even though Cian hasn't threatened me, had I been any other mortal girl that he stumbled across, I'm sure he would have reacted differently to me. I'm here, alive and unharmed because I have use to him. I can not allow myself to be seduced by his gentle words and kind nature.