𝓣𝔀𝓮𝓷𝓽𝔂-𝓽𝓱𝓻𝓮𝓮 ➳ Accompanied by Pests

"Sir Mades, should I regard you as a rose or a thorn?"

Silence enveloped us. It became eerily quiet to the point that I feel like my breathing could be vividly heard. Ageon kept his mouth shut and just stared at me silently.

Not for long, his smile grew wider. He wore a dazzling smile but his eyes were cold and indifferent. His eyes lacked of any emotion contrary to his smile and voice.

I felt my blood run cold. I had the urge to avert my eyes and walk away, but I steeled my nerves and faced him head on. If I averted my eyes, I'm giving my opponent a leeway to take advantage of my vulnerability as of the moment.

He took a step closer as he leaned in until our gazes were at the same level. "I believe the answer to that question is entirely up to my lady."

"I can become my lady's most redolent rose or most nocuous thorn. It all depends on how you will take your own course, my lady." He leaned back, his face returning back to its usual expression.

"How can I know if such action of mine is deemed harmless for you?"

"As my lady is such an outstanding lady, I'm sure you will be able to figure it out on your own."

I let out a scoff, pursing my lips. "It seems like you're putting me on a quite high pedestal, Sir Mades. I'm afraid I might not be able to fulfill such impeccable regards."

"You're more frightening than what you give yourself credit for, my lady."

"I shall accept that as compliment, although I believe we are of opposite opinions, Sir Mades. You are the most frightening person for me right now."

His hand reached out towards me as he grabbed a lock of hair, his eyes following the movement of his fingers. His fingers caressed the lock of hair in his hands as his gaze travelled back to my face.

"I am saddened by my lady's perception of me..." He raised the hand holding a lock of my hair to his lips before placing a gentle kiss on it. "I am most definitely incapable of harming my lady, though?"

His eyes were filled with silent pleading—just like those of a puppy who wanted attention from its owner. His face looked innocent... and alluring.

What the heck are you thinking?! Innocent and alluring? That doesn't make sense! This damn little imp! How the heck can he show such contrasting concepts perfectly?!

"You just proved it right now," I mumbled under my breath, but, unfortunately, he had such good hearing so he was able to catch onto the words.

He blinked at my words as I mentally scolded my careless mouth. Not long after, his previous surprise slowly turned into coyness and... Relief? Huh? Why would he be relieved?

He let go of my hair in his hand and let out a bright smile. "I'm glad my lady still likes my face. I thought you prefer the face of the heir of the Goniuva duchy rather than mine."

"Elderon?" Well, Elderon was indeed attractive... "Why would you think so?"

"You kept gazing at his face," He said it so nonchalantly as if he was telling an already obvious fact.

Err, was I that transparent? Now, he knows my damn weakness. This damn fascination of mine with attractive faces...!

Before I knew it, my mouth suddenly kept on spouting shameless things due to the internal turmoil. "Isn't that a normal reaction? We, humans, are naturally drawn to things that we perceive as attractive. I'm certain Sir Mades had some few encounters in life where you became drawn to something or someone."