𝓔𝓲𝓰𝓱𝓽𝓮𝓮𝓷 ➳ So you're really Elderon?

Am I just naturally born with bad luck?

Damn it. Was it really that difficult to give me some good luck? It's not as if I'm going to rob all the good luck in the whole fucking universe. I glanced at the boy struggling underneath me, rolling my eyes heavenwards.

30 minutes ago...

It's finally the d-day!

The day where I would finally take up one of my most-awaited lessons—archery. Excitement and anticipation flared up within me since last night that I barely got a wink of sleep. I even woke up earlier than I used to and headed first to the training grounds.

I skipped on my steps, humming a happy tune while doing so. I stopped in my tracks and glanced at the black hair sticking out in the trees. 'Hm? His face is unfamiliar. Is he perhaps a new recruit? But he doesn't have our insignia though..."

My eyes went wide. I didn't know if this was considered a natural occurrence or my luck was just that rotten, but I unfortunately encountered 'someone' brave enough to loiter and do suspicious things around our freaking training grounds.

Without thinking it through, I dashed towards the boy and pounced on him. We fell on the ground with a thud. "What...?" He let out a groan, his eyes widening when it fell on me. "Alyn?"

I glared at him, trying to look tough despite the turmoil in my head. "Who are you? Don't you know it's rude to call a lady by her nickname, especially when they're not even acquaintances?"

"What are you talking about, Alyn? It's me, El."

I furrowed my brows as I searched through Amarizi's memories, but there were no accounts of the name 'El'. 'Damn it. Why is her memory so damn limited?'

"El? I don't know anyone named El."

"What...? It's me, Elderon!"

Elderon? That Elderon who was one of the capture targets in the game? "Elderon...Goniuva?"

"Yes!" I let out a scoff, making him look at me quizzically. "Aren't you a brave one? i never met an intruder who's brave enough to claim he's the son of a Duke."

"But I'm really the son of a Duke! Ah, is it because of my black hair and eyes? Wait, let me change ba—"

He tried to reach for the necklace on his neck but before he could do so, I grabbed his hands and pinned it above his head. "Don't you dare do any funny business."

A blush crept on his cheeks as he stammered out words from his mouth. "Wha, w-what do you think you're doing?! G-get off me! You're heavy!"

I felt a tick of annoyance bubbling up inside me as I flashed him an irked smile. "If you're really Elderon, then why don't you try pushing me off of you? If you're truly of the Goniuva bloodline, it wouldn't be a difficult task for you to do so."

"I don't want to!"

"Why not?"

"That's...uh..." I raised a brow. "That's what? Cat got your tongue?"

He shot me glare before averting his eyes. "I don't want to take responsibility for someone as weak as you! It would be annoying if you suddenly cry!"

An amused smile made its way on my lips. "Are you worried that you'll hurt me?" The blush on his cheeks intensified. "W-what?! Who worried about who? Stop putting words into my mouth!"

"Haa...you would be much cuter if you're words were not too harsh." His brows drew together, his face resembling that of a ripe tomato. "Shut up! Get off me already."