𝓕𝓸𝓾𝓻 ➳ Picnics with the family are the best!

"Good morning, Sia!"

The redhead beauty turned towards my direction with a smile. "Good morning, Miss. It's rare to see you up so early. You must be really looking forward to the picnic, Miss."

My lips formed a wide grin. "Of course! It's my first time having a picnic with my family after all!" Celsia went silent for a moment before tilting her head slightly. "I don't think this is the first time though, Miss?"

Oh, crap... I let out a small laugh. "You know what I mean, Sia. What I mean is that it's the first time this year." Her mouth formed a small circle, nodding her head. I sighed inwardly. My lying skills are getting better. Should I be glad...or worried?

"Shall we go prepare now, Miss?" I gave her a quick nod, walking towards the table with a basin filled with lukewarm water. I splashed some water on my face, drying it with a towel right after. I made my way to the huge closet as she presented me dresses that were suitable for the picnic.

"Which dress would you like to wear today, Miss?" I tapped on my chin as I glanced from dress to dress with a furrowed brow. Uuh...I can't choose... Noticing my struggle, she picked up a yellow dress. "How about this dress, Miss?"

I eyed the dress from top to bottom before giving a slight nod to her. She immediately lead me to the back of the pink folding screen and helped me wear the dress. I awkwardly stood still behind the folding screen as I let her take off my nightgown.

Letting someone help you dress is really...uncomfortable. I actually thought about telling her about it before, but after pondering for hours, I reckoned that it'd be best to let her do it as usual instead.

I would only just gather unnecessary suspicions if I, the pampered and sheltered princess, suddenly decided to do things by herself. I convinced myself to accept it and started to get accustomed to it, but I still felt uncomfortable. You don't really expect me, a 21st century woman who's used to doing things on her own, to just accept medieval shit like it's nothing, right?

"All done, Miss." I went out of the screen and made my way towards the mirror. I gave myself a twirl as I stared at my reflection. The dress ended right below my knees with frills at the hem. It looks cute. "Sia, can you style my hair into a braid today?" I sat dawn in front of the vanity table as she smiled at me with a nod.

She started braiding my hair carefully as I roamed my eyes through the boxes of jewelry, brooding over which accessory to use. I almost drooled at the sight of glittering gems, eyes opening wide. As expected of the richest duke's daughter, her accessories are really of top quality. "Miss, which hair accessory would you like to use?"

Can't I just use them all? I mentally scolded myself as I tried to regain my reason. My eyes landed on a yellow silk ribbon, picking it up and running her fingers through it. Damn. This ribbon is glittering. Are you sure this is not made of gems instead of silk?

After scrutinizing it, I handed over the ribbon. She tied it to my hair, sweeping my braided hair to rest on my right shoulder. "Would you like to wear jewelry, Miss?"

I shook my head firmly. I'm going out to have fun with my family so this should do. I stood up from my seat and walked towards the double doors, Celsia trailing behind me quietly. I pushed the door open and went out of the room. She then quietly closed the door behind as soon as she walked past the door.

"Good morning, my lady."

I slightly jumped at my spot, my heart thumping wildly in my chest. "Holy shi-" A loud cough left Celsia's lips, trying to cover up my curses. I quickly shut my mouth as my eyes narrowed at him.