𝓣𝓮𝓷 ➳ It was today?!

^ Amarizi's outfit ^

It's finally here, the long-awaited day— my birthday!

I woke up earlier than expected, much to my surprise, despite sleeping late last night due to excitement. I let out a small sigh. I hope there aren't any bags under my eyes. I moved towards the vanity mirror to check my reflection, only to see a flawless face staring back at me.

Ah, the perks of being blessed by the goddess of love and beauty. Damn. I still can't believe this beautiful girl is me now. A bitter smile emerged out of my lips. If I had this otherworldly looks in my previous life, it would be much easier to get modeling gigs. And I would have made them proud of me...

I shook my head to erase my thoughts. Today's a happy day so let's not think about negative thoughts! I plopped down on the edge of the bed, thinking about the past few days while waiting for Celsia.

These past few days was really hectic. I focused on my lessons from morning to afternoon while visiting the servants who were preparing the ballroom whenever I had a break. Though they blocked me from coming personally when it was less than a week before the big day, but they reassured me that the preparations were going smoothly, they just wanted to surprise me on the d-day.

A smile broke out of my lips as I remembered the time I spent with them. Now, I can proudly say that I'm closer with them compared to before!

The lessons also proceeded smoothly without much mishaps, much to my delight. My teachers praised me for being a fast learner. Even I was surprised at how fast I was able to cope up.

Even my parents were delighted hearing my fast progress. I couldn't stop myself from grinning whenever my parents felt proud of me. I've always wanted my family to be proud of me.

A bitter smile formed on my lips for a fleeting moment before replacing it with a genuine one.

Anyway, two days before the big day, the dress and shoes along with the jewelry were delivered to the mansion. I couldn't help gasping the moment my eyes fell upon them. Seeing my design come to life and much better than I imagined made me giddy all over. They weren't indeed the best for nothing!

We did a fitting test to ensure it was a perfect fit for me. Fortunately, there weren't much fixing to do and they were able to finish and sent it back to the mansion the day after. I glanced at the mannequin that held my outfit for the birthday banquet, excitement and anxiety bubbling up inside me.

I should be able to pull through later. I wasn't lacking in my etiquette lessons and Ageon and I had been practicing waltz everyday. Speaking of Ageon... I slowly raised my gaze and glanced at the door.

I felt my ears heat up as memories of that time came flooding in. After that shocking confession (?) of his, he returned back to the usual the day after, as if nothing happened that day. I didn't even remember what happened after that, the only thing I knew is that I somehow arrived at my room with the help of Celsia.

Thinking about it again, I really felt embarrassed for making a big deal out of it. I got conceited, thinking he likes me in that way. Ugh, the hell! I feel like a narcissistic bitch now! I should have known that he meant it in a platonic way. That little shit should've worded it clearly! Well, the blame still lies on me for getting ahead of myself. But still...