𝓣𝓱𝓲𝓻𝓽𝓮𝓮𝓷 ➳ Please cancel the engagement, your majesty

???

A person sat still in the room, completely enshrouded in darkness. His thumb brushed over his fingers, waiting for the other person who just came in to speak.

The latter bowed respectfully before raising his head. "The Young Lady has left to the Royal Palace along with the Duke, Master. It seems they are going to meet the King."

The person's hand stopped its movements and proceeded to tap his fingers on the wooden table. "Hmm, is that so?" Royal palace...? His lips curved into a smirk as he stood up from his seat.

"I wonder what she's up to."

"Should I keep an eye on her, Master?"

He shook his head and made his way to the door. He opened the door, letting the bright light enter the dark room. "No need. I'm sure that person will inform us soon."

~*~

"We have arrived, Your Grace."

Hearing the coachman's words, I pulled back the curtain slightly and peaked through the small opening in the window. A huge palace with a luxurious fountain that stood proudly at the center of the pavement came into view. The details of the marble statue at the center of the fountain was intricately carved, showing off the sculptor's god-like hands. Whoever made this sculpture deserves a round of applause.

The water in the fountain sparkled under the sunlight as if they were little gems hidden deep inside the water. It had a simple design, but anyone could tell that it's a luxurious piece of art. Very fitting for a place where the ruler resides.

The coachman drove around the fountain before pulling the carriage near the entrance. A servant opened the carriage door, placing a step stool under the carriage's door before bowing his head down and greeting us.

"Welcome, Your Grace, Young Miss. His Majesty, the King, is waiting for you at the garden." My father got off the carriage first before escorting me down the carriage. He turned towards the servant. "Lead us to His Majesty."

"Yes, Your Grace. Please follow me, Your Grace, Young Miss."

The servant led us inside, turning around a few corners before arriving at a long, open hallway leading to the garden. The garden was spacious and breathtaking, filled with different kinds of flora that bloomed proudly under the sun.

Not far from our position, the King could be seen sitting in front of a table at the center of the garden, casually sipping on his tea. Upon arrival, the servant immediately greeted the King. "Greetings to the Sun of the Echeveria Kingdom. I have brought His Grace, Duke von Ahlefeldt, and Young Miss von Ahlefeldt, Your Majesty."

I was not able to take a good look at his face during my birthday banquet due to a certain asshole. I rolled my eyes inwardly.

I glanced at the King sipping his tea elegantly, looking like a perfect painting that came to life. He had turquoise hair that was parted messily to the side and turquoise eyes that shone as clear as the sea. Despite being almost in his 40s, his youthful appearance remained vibrant. He could even compete with father's beauty. Damn, whoever made these characters sure is crazy about beauty. Is there even any average-looking person here?

The King nodded and waved his hand, signaling the servant to leave. The servant bowed to the King and to us before leaving the garden. Father bowed his head slightly as I curtsied before the King, greeting him along with my father. "Greetings to the Sun of the Echeveria Kingdom."