Chapter 25: The Great Rescue

Namjoon connected his bracelet to his computer and continuously tapped it so that Mary could tap him back and as she tapped, he tried to pinpoint her location through the signal the taps would send to his bracelet. It took him a while since he hadn't done anything tech driven in a long time but he managed to find her location. She was in an area that had no exact address and he only had her coordinates which he sent to Haru and Kevin. Namjoon told Haru that Kevin would help her so she didn't have to take on Nate or whoever had kidnapped Mary alone. Kevin and Haru met up and plugged the coordinates into their GPS and drove about eight hours to the location Mary was at.

The coordinates led to a secluded bunk in the woods. All the windows were closed and they couldn't see through the blinds that were also shut. The lights were off in the house so they didn't know if the kidnapper was with Mary or not. Their plan was to pretend like their car broke down and if they were allowed into the bunk to use the phone. Haru and Kevin knocked on the door and Nate answered.

"Hi there young man, so sorry to bug you but our car broke down and we were wondering if you would allow us to use your phone? We don't know the area and we don't have cell service. We thought maybe you'd have a landline?" Haru asked him.

"A landline? That's old technology, why would I have one?" Nate asked.

"The bunk looks kind of old, we thought maybe there would be one," Kevin told him.

"Well there isn't one and I do not know where the nearest mechanic is so sorry but you cannot come in," he said as he began to close the door.

"May we please come in and at least use the bathroom before we go walking to look for a mechanic? We've had a long ride," Haru said as she placed one hand on the door to keep him from closing it.

"No, go pee in a bush."

Nate then forcefully moved Haru's arm from the door and slammed it in her face.

"Alright, that's it!" Haru said.

She took a running start and bolted towards the door and kicked it down. Kevin and her walked in to see Nate in shock. Kevin pinned him against a wall.

"Where is Mary?" Kevin demanded.

"I don't know who you're talking about."

As Kevin kept asking him questions, Mary heard a commotion outside and began to yell for help!

"Help me! This man kidnapped me! I'm in here, someone please help me!"

Haru heard her and began to look through the closed doors and once she figured out which one Mary was yelling from, she kicked it down and saw her handcuffed to the bed frame.

"Haru! I am so happy to see you! I can't get out of these handcuffs!"

"Sh*t! I don't have a key to this. I'll be right back."

Haru stormed out of the room and saw that Kevin still had Nate pinned against the wall but was having a hard time keeping him there.

"I found Mary, let him go."

"You cannot take Mary away from me, she is mine," Nate said with an evil look in his eyes.

"You are going to tell me where you have the key to the handcuffs right now or this will get ugly," Haru angrily told him.

"I'm not saying anything. You two better leave now before you end up dead," and he pulled out a gun from his back pocket and pointed it at her.

Haru karate kicked the gun out of his hand and it slid to the end of the hall. She then restrained his arms behind his back and demanded he give her the key to the handcuffs. Nate refused and so, she had no choice but to break his kneecap and he dropped to the floor in pain.

"Now tell me where the handcuff key is or you will end up with all of your limbs broken."

"They're in the top drawer on the left side of the kitchen."

Kevin opened the drawer and saw Mary's phone in there too. He grabbed both the phone and the keys before running to unlock the handcuff from Mary's wrist. As Kevin led Mary out of the room Haru warned Nate not to try anything fishy and that the authorities would be contacted.

"You know what, I changed my mind. I need to make sure you do nothing while we're leaving so have a goodnight."

She then punched Nate hard enough to knock him out on the floor. As they drove away, they contacted nearby police to arrest Nate and gave them the coordinates of the bunk. Once back at Mary's house, they called Namjoon to inform him that she was safe and sound. Haru said she would stay with Mary for a few days so she could feel protected before she headed back to Korea.

During those next few days, Mary had a hard time sleeping because she was afraid she'd end up back at the bunk. Once Haru left, Gianna stayed with Mary and sat next to her until she fell asleep for the following nights. She talked to Namjoon everyday since then so that they could both reassure themselves that she was ok. The officers that went to the bunk informed Haru and Kevin that he had been arrested and was going to be in jail for the next five years. Once Mary heard the news, she was finally able to relax and Gianna no longer had to spend the night with her.