Chapter 15: A Misunderstanding

A week went by and Namjoon and Mary spent almost every waking moment together along with Haru who was helping Namjoon move around the house. Mary helped him shower, sleep, change, and get things for him that he needed. However, the pain medication that Namjoon had been prescribed ran out and they had to get the prescription refilled. Haru offered to go on her own to get the new medicine but Namjoon insisted that Mary go with her so she could get some fresh air and explore the city a little. He told her that the boys would help him while she was gone. He felt bad that he was keeping her inside all the time rather than spending time with her to show her around the city. Mary hesitantly went along with Haru to the pharmacy.

Once they arrived at the pharmacy, Haru told Mary to look around the shops nearby while she got the new medication. It was a crowded area filled with tourists and people heading to work. She saw a beauty store that was a few buildings down from where the pharmacy was and decided to give it a look. As she walked, a man in front of her tripped and she helped him back up.

"Oh my goodness, are you ok sir?"

 The man looked up at her in awe and slight confusion.

"Oh I'm sorry. You probably don't speak English. I uhhh...wait a second."

 Mary took a closer look at the man who had tripped in front of her and it was Felix from the K-pop group Stray Kids!

"Oh my gosh! You're Felix from Stray Kids! What an honor to meet you!"

 Felix grabbed her hand and immediately dragged her into the beauty store she wanted to go into and offered to buy her anything from the store.

"Felix, you don't have to thank me for helping you up when you fell. I was just being a decent human being but thank you."

"No please," Felix said, "let me get you something so we can remember the day we became soulmates."

 Mary's eyes widened as she realized he thought she was his soulmate. He must've made eye contact with someone else at the same time as her and then tripped.

"I'm sorry Felix, but you're mistaken. I found my soulmate earlier this year. It's not you. You must've made eye contact with someone else."

"Then why did you help me up if I'm not your soulmate?"

"I told you, I was just trying to be nice."

"Ah I see what's going on here."

"You do? Perfect, so this misunderstanding can be put behind us and we can move on with our lives."

"You're nervous about me being a celebrity and your soulmate so now you're trying to avoid me by acting like you're not my soulmate."

 Felix grabbed her hand softly and kissed it.

"You don't have to worry about me being a celebrity," he said, "I will treat you right."

 Mary shook herself away from his hand.

"No Felix, you don't understand. I am really not your soulmate."

"Then where is your soulmate?"

"He's back at his dorm and injured. Surely you heard about Kim Namjoon's injury, right?"

"The leader of BTS? Of course, it was all over the news."

"Ok well Namjoon is my soulmate."

"No, no, no. That's a lie. You're my soulmate. We made eye contact and I was able to see color. You're making up the story about Namjoon."

 Mary dragged her hand down her face in frustration as she had to try and convince Felix that she wasn't his soulmate but didn't know where to begin but suddenly she had an idea.