Chapter 7 - The Snake and The Lion

As we exit the Vendadt, a familiar black car showed up in front of us. Soon, we hear a door opening from the opposite side of the car as a tall figure went around and leaned on the car, his hands in his pockets.

          And as we came closer, the figure became clearer. It was Lev.

          Lev glances over Lucius' hand that was gripped firmly on my wrist and looked back up at Lucius.

          "What are you in a rush for? You're hurting him." Lev spoke in a very unpleasant tone. It's a way different and scarier tone than the one I heard back at the Ori'nuit.

          Lucius glances over his hand that was gripping around my wrist and immediately releases. He relaxes his expression and straightens up his back.

           "My apologies, I got carried away." Lucius turns to me to apologize but quickly turns his attention back to Lev.

          "I thought you were finished with getting his school essentials, Durand," Lucius spoke sternly.

          "I did. I got it all covered." Lev scoffs as he folds his arms, staring angrily at Lucius.

          "I said school essentials, not some junk you bought with your terrible sense of fashion." Lucius mocked.

          I look down onto the suit I'm wearing that Lev had bought me at the Ori'nuit and looked back up at Lucius. 'That...was mean.' I frowned slightly.

          "Well, I've got him an apartment and other essentials that apparently are also important. But actually, I was here to pick up Cole and his credentials for the purchase of those essentials but I don't see it anywhere on you. Oh how responsible you are, what happened?" Lev spoke sarcastically and taps his foot impatiently.

          "Well, Lev. Naahn was the cause of this." Lucius glared as he puts his hands on his hips.

          "Naahn?" Lev tilts his head in confusion as he returned Lucius's glare.

          "Naahn-a your business." Lucius jerks his chin forward in a mocking way.

          "Why you-" Lev's face noticeably turns red as he tries to maintain his composure.

          I suddenly felt the need to defuse the situation and built up the courage to finally speak.

          "Well, uhm... Lev, I... The lady said I already had an existing file in their database...? So, we can't get my credentials done yet." I spoke slowly in fear that It might trigger another argument but I believe Lev should also know.

          Immediately, both Lucius and Lev simultaneously turn their head towards me. Lev looking surprised as Lucius glared. Did I say something wrong...?

          "Y-"Lucius tried to speak but immediately got interrupted by Lev.

          "That's very odd. You have never been here, right? That makes it very interesting then." Lev spoke as he looked at me attentively.

          Lucius steps back with a relaxed expression as he folds his arms and shakes his head, it seemed like he was relieved about Lev's reaction. But why?

          "We have to tell Sir Dranc about this right?" Lev turns his head towards Lucius.

          "No. Not today. I trust you to keep quiet about this for now." Lucius gazes off to the side with a hurtful expression, an expression I've never thought to see on him.

          "Al...right...?" I can see Lev's face being noticeably confused but he still agreed.

          "Well, do you guys have somewhere to go to next?" Lev tries to ease the mood of the conversation.

          "Nope," Lucius spoke as he brings up his wristwatch to his face.

          "It's only 1 in the afternoon. So, I suppose we can dismiss Cole's credentials for now and go back to school." Lucius looks back up from his wristwatch.

          "Then, Cole and I will continue on getting his essentials. Since the credentials are unavailable, we have to figure out where he'll live in the meantime." Lev spoke as he stands beside me.

          "You guys go figure that out and I'll go back to school. See you later, Cole." Lucius waves at me, ignoring Lev, and walks away.

          "Tch, that guy is both rude and cold. I hope he didn't hurt you." Lev slowly turns to me and gently holds my wrist between his hands. His warm touch spreading around my wrist, bringing me a small amount of comfort.

          "I'm alright..." I replied, not pulling away from Lev's hands.

          "That's a relief." Lev pulls back and puts his hands inside his coat pockets.

          "...Did Cirillo... say anything about me?" Lev looks down with a slightly worried look on his face.

          "N-No, not really. Why?" I answered slightly confused.

          "It's nothing. Just asking." He replied with his expression much more relaxed.

          "Also, do you want to live at my place in the meantime? I'll have to ask my father but it might be a better choice than to live at any other person's place, right?" Lev looks hopefully at me, patiently waiting for an answer.

          "S-sure..." I answered.

          "That's great to hear! Let's go drop some of your stuff first then we can go continue shopping" Lev smiles softly. He then approached his car and opened the car door to the passenger seat for me and I step inside. He closes the door and enters the car from the door opposite mine.

          "To the house," Lev demanded.

          The driver then shifts the gear and drives off.

-----------------------------------------------------

POV: [ERROR]

          It's dark... as it always has been. What time is it? I don't know. I move my hands and the sound of metal resonates. It's chained together and I sigh in defeat. I'm tired... It's cold...

          "Have you finally awaken?" a metal clink and a raspy voice came to sound. I look up to the source of the voice and all I could see is a pair of silver eyes piercing through me.

          "Who are you?" I glared at the pair of eyes.

          "Forgotten again, have you? It's time." It spoke.

          "What do you mean?" I asked as I continue to glare.

          It scoffs, is it trying to mock me?

          Suddenly, something pierced through my nose. What is that smell...? I couldn't breathe. It hurts... It hurts... It's suffocating me.

          Without any strength left in me, I fell down on my side and lost my consciousness.