Chapter 10 - Interaction

We arrive at the café and sat together at a table of four and each of us ordered for ourselves, but I was still struggling to order. The menu was written in a language I didn't understand.

"And for you?" the waiter asks, ready to take my order.

"Tsuro and Chyuru for him," Xue ordered in my place as he notices my struggle.

"Right away." The waiter bows and disappears into the back.

"What did you just order?" I asked curiously to Xue, slightly concerned.

"Some rabbit nuggets and orange juice." Xue looks unfazed as he answers.

"Rabbit???" I shouted in concern.

"Don't worry, we don't eat maugen rabbits. These are imported from the necrics." Xue answers with a smile.

"It's the same here and there, the food chain still exists and we still need meat. However, we decided to go for their animals instead. It's not necessarily cannibalism if you think about it." Flavio added as if he could read my mind.

Still concerned, I slowly nod and dismissed the conversation.

After the food came, a question pops into my mind.

"Say, was there really a student missing from the school?" I asked, biting into the nuggets.

"What was his name again? Chaudoir?" Flavio strokes his chin.

"Claude Chaudoir, yes. Before Lucius became the top student, Claude was there. He was Sir Dranc's favorite, went missing 3 years ago. Why'd you ask?" Xue answered as he mentioned an unfamiliar name.

"Just curious, what do you think happened to him?" I asked again.

"Not sure but Sir Dranc told us he was exiled but I don't think that's true," Xue answered and slurps his drink.

"I think Sir Dranc has something to do with it." Lev finally spoke, his arms crossed, shaking his head.

"You think so? Sir Dranc has been different lately but I can't describe how." Flavio remarked.

The conversation died out briefly before Flavio spoke again.

"That Chaudoir student... only saw the guy once but I kept hearing that he worked for the necrics." Flavio gossiped as he leaned towards the table.

"How so?" I asked curiously.

"He kept disappearing after school bringing bags of something. Suspicious, isn't it?" Flavio whispered.

"Maybe he was going home with just groceries, Vio." Xue added, an annoyed look on his face.

"Yeah, yeah. But what if?" Flavio insisted.

"Let's just finish eating," Lev grumbled as he chomps down his food.

Flavio groans and sips his drink, irritated.

Then, moments pass, and we all exit the café after finishing our food.

"Thank you for coming to the Goyu Mao! Do come again!" The employees shouted from the café.

"I need to go, see you tomorrow at school." Xue smiles and waves as he walks away.

"I need to go back for extra classes, thanks for coming, Cole." Flavio waves and leaves for school.