Chapter 16 - Weakness

POV: Rhys Lambert

         "What the heck, man!" Alexander shouted as he pulls his hand away from my grip.

"He clearly doesn't remember us. Don't you want him to remember you?" Alexander asks.

"Give him some time. He'll remember eventually." I responded. "Now, how about you follow Jane to bed?"

"I'm not sleepy yet!" Alexander whined. "I'll sleep if you sleep with me and Jane!"

"I don't have time for your unnecessary demands, Alexander. Go to sleep." I refuse as I walk away from the area.

Soon, I arrive in my bedchambers in the abandoned wing.

I gently plop myself on the side of my bed and bury my face in my hands. What am I doing?

I'm sure that Master Cole is the same person as Young Master Luc. But why did I let him go? I could've held him in my arms right then and there.

—I don't understand.

Without realizing, I've dug my claws into my face, leaving blood dripping down onto my cheek.

I groan as I stood up from the bed, moving towards my clothing drawer and pulling out an antiseptic and a piece of cotton.

I then sat back onto the edge of my bed and carefully treated my wounds. I inhaled deeply and let out a sharp exhale as I stare aimlessly into the distance.

How long has it been since the last time I saw the light? So long that I know my way around, that's what.

Oh, how I yearn to see Master's face again.

=============================

POV: Sev Celestin

"Ugh, where was it again?" I ruffle my hair in frustration as I stare into the woogle maps on my phone.

I look up from my phone and surveyed the area for street signs only to see unfamiliar street names.

I then sit on a nearby bench as I sigh in defeat.

"Are you lost?" a husky voice asks as its shadow casts over me.

I look up to the source of the voice and was met with a tall, burly-looking man.

"I'm not," I answered, looking away.

"Are you sure? I can help. Saw you were frustrated looking at the streets earlier." He responded as he kneeled down to my eye level. Is he treating me like a little kid? Tsk.

"I'm sure," I answered as I refuse his help.

"Alright then." He responded as he stood up. "I'm guessing you're going to the concert nearby. You can go straight and turn left at the bakery over there. You can continue going straight from there, they'll be on the right."

"I said, I'm not lost!" I remarked.

"Just in case you are." The man smiles as he walks away, disappearing into the crowd.

"Sevy!"A shout resonates from a distance as it slowly grows closer.

I turn my head towards the direction of the shout and spot my group of friends waving in the distance.