Chapter 35

Despite the situation, his face looked calm as always. Though I couldn't deny but notice the mysterious glint in his eyes, something dark and menacing.

"Bella, stay here and don't move an inch," he said before disappearing upstairs.

I didn't listen to him because I also wanted to know what's going on. I walked around looking at the mess. Every single thing was thrown and ransacked of. The vases were broken into pieces, the TV had been smashed.

"-la, bella." His voice can be heard, but I was more than curious about something on the countertop. It almost looked like a piece of paper.

"What did I say about not moving an inch, Amy?"

Terrified, I turned to my back to see Alessandro, his hands crossed below his chest, eyes narrowed down to me. His lips were in a thin line like he was restraining himself from doing something.

"We should call the police," I told him.

"Don't ignore what I said just now. Why didn't you listen to what I said?" His grey orbs which were initially dark and void of emotion, quickly turned into a softer grey, worry evident in them.

"I'm sorry."

"What if the intruder was still here? What if he had caught you? Did you think about that?" He was looking down at the floor, his hand on his forehead.

"No, I didn't," I replied, feeling embarrassed.

"Shit, you scared me back there when you were gone."

"As I said, we should call the police," I told him.

"There's no need, bella. I can take care of this," he assured, which made me frown. Why would he not call the police?

His apartment was broken into, for god's sake!

His eyes were trained on something, more specifically behind me. I looked back, but I didn't seem to catch on to something.

"Go to the living area and I'll be back in a minute." I obliged and went there.

He came back after a few minutes. I could say that something happened, or instead, he saw something. He was gritting his teeth as if he was restraining to do something he could possibly regret.

"You found anything?" I asked him, placing a hand on his shoulder.

"Nothing," he silently said.

"What are we going to do now?"

"We're going to go back to the mansion and have our night there. We can take care of this tomorrow," he told me while I looked at him in astonishment.

This man had been calm and collected, well not so collected as he seems from the outside, despite the situation's seriousness.

We went down to the ground floor, and I tugged his hand.

"At least you could tell the security about it."

He looks at me. From his expression, I know that he knows where I am coming from, but still, he doesn't want to.

"I can take care of it, trust me."

Okay, maybe he doesn't want TMZ or any other tabloid to know that his apartment was broken into. He can hire a private investigator to look into this, which totally makes my theory applicable.

"Bella, I'm sorry for raising my voice at you. It's just that I'm freaking out, you know." Both of his huge palms engulfed my smaller ones. The warmth radiating was comforting. He looked at me like he was sorry for doing something very wrong.