Door

The thing with Kit is that half the school would do anything he asked, whether that's out of fear or hope that he'd notice them, a few of the people just listened because they were too tired to argue with him. 

So, when Kit had asked Violet O'Hara "Hey do you mind if we switch seats?" She let out a small sigh and went on a little tangent about how annoying it was to pack up her stuff, but ultimately ended up moving, especially after Kit mentioned she'd be sitting next to Kade. 

Kit and Noah came into the class 5 minutes late discussing an upcoming party before their conversation was cut short after the teacher mentioned if they were going to be late the least they could do was to come in silently. 

"What is up, Theodore?" Kit announced from behind Theo's chair and pushed his wisps off hair off of his eyes and shifted his hand from his own hair to ruffle up to the top of Theo's and slumping down into his chair.

"You don't sit there-" Theo turned to him, squinting his eyes into slits in confusion. 

"Damn, snitching on me, I see, I see." He responded smoothly and swiveled his head to the front of the classroom.

"I don't know what you think your doing." Theo scoffed, under his breath. 

He definitely did not mind Kit sitting him, but it was certainly a bit confusing because one minute he was trying to not be seen with him ever, and the next he's switching seats and ruffling his hair in front of everyone. 

"Just roll with it?" Kit said quietly, resting his head down onto his arm that was laid on the table. 

"Not sure what I'm rolling with, but sure." Theo mimicked Kit and laid his head into his own arm to face him. 

"I'll explain later." 

Theo shot him a thumbs up and smiled at him, staring intently at the small freckles that were starting to form on Kit's nose from the sun. Kit pulled his foot closer to Theo's and let their feet rest against each other and leaving it there as he looked up to the front of the classroom, sitting back normally in his chair.

"What you do?" Theo rocked back up into his chair, letting the back of the chair rest against the table behind him for a moment, before the girl sitting at the table shoved it back down gently, "Sorry." He staggered out to her, before being dismissed by a heedless nod. 

"No, no nothing, it's fine don't worry. I'll explain later." 

The thing about 'don't worry' being said when you weren't worried to begin with is that it makes you worry. 

Paranoia is a mean, unnecessary feeling that eats you from the inside out.

"Theo, I'm serious." Kit said again, noticing the flicker of worry in Theo's eyes while his leg was beginning to twitch against the table. Kit let his finger circle Theo's wrist concealed under the table, Theo turned his hand and intertwined their fingers together. Kit flinched slightly and he felt his breath still but he checked around the classroom to make sure nobody could see, and he felt the rapid heartbeat slow when everyone was distracted. 

Even if they weren't, there was no chance they'd see anyways considering he'd pulled his shoulder in view of the hands under the table, but he needed to check.

"Sorry-" Theo whispered, starting to pull his hand away but felt a tug on it, and Kit's fingers clench down. 

"Shut up." Kit shook his head and sighed.

And no way, was Kit's heart so far up his throat that he was worried he'd break into One Direction love songs any second now. 

Of course not.