Number One Fan! Interview with authorRLynn

This interview is with the charming and vivacious authorRLynn. Our fiery Canadienne who gave us The Descendants Saga, To Die: With Love, Blood Fever, Mood Scale and Selah (and the slaves of Thaddeus).

She's soon to publish The Descendants Saga but she was kind enough to take time out of her busy day to answer some questions for me.

Enjoy!

*************************

1.       When you were young, what was your biggest dream and did you ever make it come true?

I wanted to bring peace between the Catholics and Protestants of Ireland.  I told everyone when I grow up that that was what I was going to do. Well unfortunately I have not even been able to go to Ireland yet. I have been to 22 different countries except the one I have longed since childhood to go to... *sigh, one day!

2.       Who has been the most influential person to you in your life and how?

The most influential person in my life would have to be my mom. She's they type of mom that when I brought a 'C' home on my report card she would freak out and threaten to phone the principal to talk to them. I would be like, "No mom, don't call the principal, I'll try harder, I promise!" And she would say something like, "I have to call and talk to him, obviously the teachers he is hiring are too stupid to see how much of a genius you are!"

Despite her grandiose delusions, it was so encouraging to know that no matter what, I always had someone in my corner who believed in me and supported me.

3.       What do you do up there in Canada to keep yourself busy?

Besides work and writing, I love to ski! In the winter we are up on the hill every weekend (In fact in my younger years I used to race competitively.) In the summer we are at a lake water skiing. Really anything I can strap wooden planks to my feet and act reckless while going extreme speeds, well that suits me just fine.

4.       You are the proud owner of a beautiful muscle car. What is the make/model, what's under the hood, and how on earth did you end up with that awesome piece of machinery? (Yes, folks, I am a bit of a gear-head. I'm not afraid to admit it, either.)

 It is a '72 SS Chevelle, big block V8! I saved up and bought it. It was the very first car I bought! I love cars, well old cars. I love to race them and fix them up. It was never in question for me to drive a ricer (Asian made sports car) or anything European; I needed fast American muscle. But I don't actually own it anymore, I had to sell it. It was a sad day; I cried the entire time. Now I am saving up to buy another one, maybe a '69 this time.

5.       What is your favorite song?

Well it changes on a regular basis, but my overall favorite might have to be 'Come What May" as sung on the Moulin Rouge soundtrack.

6.       When did you first start writing and when did you realize that you were good at it?

I first started writing in May 2010 on Wattpad (seriously), but I did often journal and write poetry. Also, I was one of those weird people who loved getting essays or some form of writing assignment in school. I think I'm a tad narcissistic as I love the sound of my own voice.

7.       What do you think is the most important thing for a writer of fantasy and adventure stories to concentrate on; the world they are creating or the characters that inhabit it and why?

Hmm... the most important things are consistency and tone. Consistency of characters, land, objects, etc. And tone, tone sets the platform for the entire plot, world, and characters' personality traits. If a book has well thought out characters and worlds yet lacks tone, the book would feel incomplete; lacking a link to the reader.