Number One Fan! Interview with cheesehead

This interview is with cheesehead, another rambunctious young lady who has been holding steady on the top of the What's Hot List for a while now. Her current story, Why Did You Do It? is consistently in the top 3 and it's also in the running for this year's Watty Awards.

She also has written Too Many Secrets, Leah's Secret... (Don't Tell or Else), Leah's Escape, Waiting, Or I'll Kill You, Please Be There, Forgive Me, and Taking Money.

This is an entertaining look into the mind of a prolific young writer.

Enjoy!

*************************

1.            How old are you and how long have you been writing?

I'm 15 years old and have been writing since I was around 12 or 13? Well I've been writing since 7th grade so whatever that age is. :)

2.            Who has been the most influential person to you in your life?

The most influential person in my life would have to be none other than my mom. :) Even though she's not a writer, my mom has never doubted me and she finds it amazing that I'm a writer. She also has always been pushing to read my work but I'm a little shy about it. ;)

 3.           What do you like to do when you're not writing?

I LOVE to read when I'm not writing. I can read three or more books in a week because I'm such a fast reader and devour them! Ahhaha I think I've wasted my past few years on Wattpad and with my nose buried in a book.

4.            What is the funniest embarrassing thing that has ever happened to you and what did you learn from that experience?

Ummm....I'm not really sure about what's the funniest, most embarrassing thing that happened to me. I have learned a few things though... Don't put metal in the microwave... Don't run in slippery cute shoes... Don't talk loudly during a fire drill.... Don't make up a song and tell your family about it.... Don't be obnoxious and SOO many more. :) I'm just an awkward person! Ahah, jk not really... hopefully.

5.            What actress would play you in the movie of your life and why her?

Umm... I'm not really sure which actress would WANT to be in my life story because it's not all that, but I would have to say some of my favorite actresses: Rachael McAdams, Nina Dobrev, Emma Watson and a few others. They're all completely different but I would love to see one of them be in my life story. X)

6.            What is your favorite song?

I don't really have a favorite song because I love a lot of artists! I also like a bunch of genres (but not that big of a fan of country) so I'll basically listen to anyone or anything!

7.            What was the first thing you wrote and what made you want to start?

The first thing I wrote was called "Soulmates" but that's not the final name. It came to me in a dream and I wrote the whole thing in a note book and have yet to type it on the computer, let alone let anyone read it. X)

8.            You have so many different stories posted. What is your favorite genre to write and why?

My favorite genre to write has become mystery/horror! I LOVE people's reactions and I love a good mystery book! It's hard to make a book without tying something in that will make the readers want to keep reading!

9.            Which one of your stories was the hardest for you to write and why?

The hardest for me to write would have to be a few of my stories. "Leah's Escape", "Please Be There", and "Forgive Me" all drove me up a wall. I got really anxious and finished them all abruptly. Hopefully sometime in the future I'll take the time to rewrite them!

10.          You have finished writing eight novels in nine months. What is your writing schedule like and how do manage to write so fast? Do you plan out all of your stories in advance or just make them up as you go?

My writing schedule is that I have SO much time on my hands. I always have a chance to write because I am able to with all the time I'm given! I get them done quickly because I type fast. X) I plan out my stories most of the time. It may sound weird but 85% of my writing came from dreams. Sometimes I change it up a bit and add something I didn't really think about. :)

11.          What is the last book you read and what did you like most about it?

The last book I read would be Leaving Paradise by Simone Elkeles. She also wrote Perfect Chemistry and Rules of Attraction. She's an AMAZING writer and I fall in love with each of her stories. I love to read romance novels and hers are amazing. What I liked best about Leaving Paradise was the guy in it was well... super hot and awesome and really caring and cute! Ahahah

12.          What is it about a book or online story that makes you want to read it?

When I'm in a bookstore or even on Wattpad the first thing I look at is the cover! If it has a really bizarre cover (esp. in bookstores) then I put it down right away! Then after that I look at the title! There have been a bunch of times that I picked up a book without reading what it was about and bought it! Normally I read the story too....the only reason I would stop reading a book was if I didn't like their style of writing, it was a little bit on the boring side, or theres no hot guy in it X)

13.          If you could meet and have a long conversation with any writer alive today, who would you choose and why?

It would either be Simone Elkeles^^ Rachel Mead, Stephanie Meyer, or Cassandra Clare. LOVE their books <33 haha

14.          What do you most enjoy about Wattpad and what do you wish you could change about it?

I love most that people can vote and voice their opinion on everyone's story. Hopefully they're nice opinions, too. I would change.... hmmm I don't think I would change anything. X)

15.          Do you have plans to try getting any of your stories published? If so, what are you doing to try and make that happen?

No. As of right now I don't because I don't think I'm the best writer. If I'm still writing in the future then maybe. :) But for now this is as real as it's going to get!

16.          What is your best advice for other young writers just starting out on Wattpad?

My advice would be that even if you're not very popular right now then keep writing because there's a big chance you'll get better over time! If not then don't take it too personally! Not everyone is meant to be a writer!