Space Princess

I sat straight up, turning to Loki. He was looking at me, startled. I swiped away the tears on my face and smiled, trying to look like I wasnt about to burst into tears again. His eyes scanned my face as another tear rolled down my cheek.

"Hey.." I looked down.  Avengers dont cry, Y/N...   My hands were glowing again, burning horribly. I brushed the hot tears away, trying to smile. Loki leaned forward, but stopped halfway, putting a hand to his stomach. I turned to him. I wish there was some way I could help. This is my fault, after all. Thanos used my weapon, and I couldn't destroy it fast enough.

"Sorry" I tried to collect myself. "I'm gonna try and find something to help with that." I stood up, looking at the others. Everyone was badly injured. Everyone but me. My shoulder was killing me, but it was  othing compared to everyone else. Thanos had only gotten one good hit on me, but so many more on the others. Why? Why did it have to be them, why not me?  I sunk back down, defeatedly. I thought about usng my suit, from back in the ship, but it was badly damaged, rendering it useless. I unzipped my jacket and pulled it off. I moved to Loki and held the jacket up.

"If you can, try to sit up." I said. He lifted himself forward, just enough for me to wrap the jacket around his back. I twisted it around, folding it in a way that made it act as one big bandage. I tied it in the front, hopefully it will stop the wound from bleeding.

"There." I looked up at him. "That should work for now." My eyes stung and my head was pounding again. I looked around, everyone was sitting or laying, trying to recover.

"Strange, we need to follow Thanos." Tony said, sitting up. Stephen shook his head.

"Its too big of a risk. We are in no condition to fight, well only slow the others down." He replied, taking off his cloak and examining the tears in the fabric.

"We cant just let-" Quill was cut off by Stephen.

"It is not safe." He said, looking up to Quill. "I know it seems cowardly, but one wrong move and we could lose everything." He was right, although I hate feeling useless. The others reluctantly nodded in agreement. "We all just need to stay here, and rest. None of us are in any condition to fight." Quill stood and stormed away. I dont blame him for being angry. He obviously was close to Gamora. Drax followed after him as he walked away.

"Y/N." I turned to Loki, he motioned next to him. I moved to lean against the boulder he was against. I closed my eyes and tipped my head back, leaning it back against the hard stone. I felt my body start to slowly relax, and I realized just how exhausted I was.

"I hope the others can stop him." I said, eyes burning as I kept them closed.

"They will." I heard him move, and felt a hand on my thigh. "I know they will." He said, reassuringly. I took a deep breath.

"I sure hope so." My head was spinning, and everything hurt. It felt good to be sitting, not running around fighting. I felt myself slowly drifting to sleep.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
[LOKI POV]

She had fallen asleep. As much I wanted to, I couldn't. She was exhausted and worried, all of us were. The least I could do was try to bring her some kind of reassurance. I watched as her head rolled to one side. Without thinking, I pulled her toward me, leaning her head on my shoulder. I felt something in my chest again. This time, it was stronger. I looked to her face. Her delicate features had finally softened, she looked peaceful. Heavy footsteps brought my eyes back up. Tony approached us, followed by the others. They all sat down, in a circular arrangement. Peter flopped onto the ground and let out a heavy sigh. He laid on his back, sprawled on the ground. He quickly popped his head back up to look at Y/N.

"Hey, is she okay?" He asked.

"She's resting." I responded, quietly. He nodded and dropped his head back.

"Cool. That's what I'm gonna do." He said, putting his hands behind his head.

"Its what we all should do." Tony said, stepping out of his suit. His wound was somewhat healed. He must have used the same thing he healed Y/N with. I turned to her, she was stil asleep. I couldnt help but smile, seeing her so relaxed. I looked up and around at the group. My eyes stopped at Drax, who was grinning ear-to-ear.

"Space princess is your betrothed?" He asked, smiling wider. My face went hot.

"Uh-no." I replied. He nodded to Mantis, who giggled and approached me. I was confused as to what the two were doing.

"You have something on your face." She said, in a monotone voice. "Let me get it for you." She put her hand to my head, only to giggle more, then scurry away. Her face was bright as she grinned to the group.

"He feels strong love." She pointed to Y/N. "For her!" I suddenly remembered her abilities. My face expressed my realization, causing the entire group to snicker.

"I-uh.."

"Don't try to deny it." Tony said, making a smug face. "Its pretty obvious."

"Space princess will soon be your betrothed." Drax said, laughing at my stunned expression.

"She isnt a princess, Drax." Quill commented.

"Well, she looks like one." Drax said, pointing to her.

"She does." I agreed, looking to him.

"I'm flattered."

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
[Y/N POV]

Seeing Loki look so flustered made me laugh. I sat up, snickering.

"Hah! Y/N, how much of that did you hear?" Tony asked, laughing.

"Just after what Quill said." I turned to him. "Why?" I asked, confused.

"I'm gonna tell her." Tony said, smiling mischievously.

"Dont you dare." Loki warned. Tony pressed his lips together, suppressing a laugh. It was nice seeing them getting along and not fighting.

"Tell me what?" I looked at Loki, who's face was bright red. Mantis giggled, next to Drax. Peter spoke from his spot in the middle of the group.

"Mmmm, Padme..." he murmured, turning to the side. The group burst out in laughter, causing him to jolt upward, shooting webs in all directions.

"GAH!" he stopped and looked around. "Wha- what's going on?" He said, dazed.

"Padme, eh?" Tony asked, smiling and swiping a web off his shoulder.

"What?" Peter squeaked.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Thanks for reading! I hope u enjoyed💚🖤💚🖤

No one:

Not a soul:

Not even Nebula:

Drax: