Chapter 26

- When you were there to help me face the world, when you were there to bring me out of the shadows, was it all for nothing? -

Mina POV

"Okay, I love you, byebye." I love you, that same feeling of nothingness kept repeating and repeating, when will it end? "I-is that your-" I ask when she ends the call but she finishes my sentence for me, "fiancé." So it is true.

"I'm sorry Mina, but I've finally found someone who loves me back."

Son Chaeyoung was mine, but now that she's engaged...Son Chaeyoung will never be mine.

- - -

I...I don't know if I can live without her, she's my crutch, I stumble across the dark and lonely sidewalks. The stars are my company tonight as I sit at a secluded bench facing the ocean.

I lost my moon to the sun, I lost my fire to the water, I lost my Chaeyoung when I realized that even if the world tries to pull us apart, we'll always find a way back to each other.

Should I fight for her? Should I express my undying love? Should I scream all my feelings to the lifeless night? No...yes...no...

She's happy now and that's all that matters, "Chaeyoung I hope you live a happy life, I hope that whoever you're with right now gives you all the love you deserve." I whisper to the waves.

"Hello?" I say without feeling, choking back my tears. "Are you okay? Tzuyu said Chaeyoung and you met today." Sana spoke, that cheerful yet soft voice I missed. "Yeah." I say like I've given up because I almost have. "Why didn't you tell me that she was engaged?" I asked and there was a pause. "W-well, I thought that you should hear it from her and not me, sorry Mina. Where are you? I'll call Momo and we could hang out just like old times." I could just picture Sana's bubbly smile on the other side of the call. "No, it's okay, I'd like to be alone for now, thank you though." We bid goodbye and ended the call.

The crashing sound of the salty sea hitting the dry sand, it was soothing.

- - -

"I'm sorry Emiko, I had an emergency to take care of in Korea but I'll be back in a few days. Will you take care of everything for me?" I ask and she instantly agrees, "Anything for you Ms. Mina, come back soon!" I couldn't ask for a better assistant.

I guess we'll cut everything short here, I stand up and walk back to the hotel. And as for our house, I'll give it to her as a wedding gift, thank you for all the memories Chaeng...

Chaeyoung POV

"What's wrong baby?" She puts her arms around my shoulders, "Nothing, just thinking about stuff." I say, millions of thoughts anchor my mind, "Thinking about me?" I chuckle, "Of course." I turn around to face her, "I love you."

I pull her into a passionate kiss, forget about Mina, forget about Mina, forget about Mina, I repeat in my head. I push her in even more, trying to take my mind off my first love. To my lovely fiancé, I love you and only you, nobody else...right?

*flashback*

There I am, sitting in the lobby of Myoui Modeling, daydreaming with my eyes open, hoping that she would come back. "Chaeyoung, you know she's not coming back right?" The receptionist said, annoyed. "I know, but if she does, I'll be here, I'll always be here." I tapped my thighs, thinking of scenarios where we would meet again. "Hey!" Someone tapped my shoulder, "Huh?" Mina is that you? "Are you waiting for someone?" She asked, her sweet and upbeat voice cleared the blurriness from my vision. "Uh, yeah, but I don't know if they'll ever come." I sighed. "I'm sorry, but how about I take you out for the night! I know we may be strangers but maybe I can help wipe that frown off your face." She said, holding out her hand. What should I do? What if Mina comes back, I can't risk it, "I'm sorry, but maybe another time." She sighed, "Fine, but next time, you are definitely coming out with me." She smiled and took her leave.

*still flashback but the next week*

"Hey! You're still here!" She took a seat next to me, "Yeah, I can't risk letting her go again." She nodded, "So it's a her." I nodded, it's the her that won't get off my mind even for a second. "Why don't you go out with me, you need a break from waiting." She states, maybe I do. "I don't know, what if she comes and I'm not here." I watch the people pass by, walk in, and walk out. "I'm starting to think this "her" isn't real , come on, let's have some fun while the night is young." She reaches for my hand but I pull away, "One more week, I don't know if I'm ready yet."

She nods understandingly, "Thank you." She stands up and waves, "I'll be waiting for you!"

*still flashback but one week later*

"It's been one week, spending all day here and going home at night is not healthy. You should be going out, seeing the world." I stay silent. "What if she never comes back? You'll just beat yourself up over the fact that you spent most of your days waiting for someone whom you may never see again." She has a point. "Fine, one night, but that's it." She squeals, "Let's go! We're going to have so much fun." She takes my hand, leading me out the door, "By the way, I'm Somi." She introduces herself, "Chaeyoung." I smile.

*still flashback but one month later*

"I haven't seen you in a month." The receptionist said and I smiled, "Yeah, things have changed." She smiles in return, "I'm here, I'm here." A voice comes out from the elevator, "There's my favorite model." I say and we link hands, she leans on my shoulder as we walk out of the glass doors of Myoui Modeling. 

I guess I wasn't there when it was needed the most. 

- - - - -

Hihi, It's Penguuu! Um so, don't be mad heh, smile pls. There is still a long way to go so don't worry, our journey of heartbreak is almost done and happiness will hopefully appear soon. So don't go anywhere!! Hope you enjoyed this chapter!! - Pengu<33