~1~ Last Summer

TW: ⚠️Language(Minor)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------The summer before senior year

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was a warm summer night in a small-ish town in Florida at 2am in this little diner in the corner of town. The diner was relatively empty, due to it being 2am. There was one employee and one other kid in the booth in the back typing away on his computer. He had a coffee mug on his right and a small basket of fries on his left. There was a soft murmur of background music to keep the diner from being too quiet.

Almost on the dot, when the clock hit 2am a tall, blonde, green eyed guy walked into "Delilah's All Day Grind" (the name of the diner). His fingers fumbling over his key fob on his keychain and then quickly shoving them in his pockets. He wore a bright green sweatshirt with black sweatpants. His hair messy over his forehead and sticking up in all the right places.

He shuffled to the counter.

"Hello! Pickup, takeout, or dine in?" Said the boy behind the counter with fluffy curly brown hair, a swirl earring in one ear, nails painted a light purple, blue-green eyes, and a goofy smile. His name tag read "Karl"

"Dine in please." The tall blonde said with a small smile on his face.

"Great! You can seat yourself wherever you want, I'll come find you in a minute." Karl said typing away on the computer screen in front of him. I wonder what brings a person to be so energetic on a Saturday night at 2am while working the blonde thought.

He made his way to the left hand of the diner and sat by the window, looking out on the city lights out in the distance. The fluffy-haired boy started walking toward the blonde before stopping at the one other person's table with a coffee pot in hand. The blonde watches Karl fill up the mug and make small chat with the kid.

The kid was wearing a light blue crew neck with a white collared shirt under it. He wore tighter-fitting jeans along with his black converse shoes. His hair was a dark brown that layed fluffy on his head. His back was facing the blond so there was no way of knowing what he looked like other than his clothes and hair.

The blonde zoned out, his hand back in his pocket fidgeting with his key fob. Karl then stopped talking to the brunette and made his way to the blonde's table before stopping to put the coffee pot back.

"Hello there, what can I get for you today?" Karl says while taking his notepad out.

"Hot coffee please." The blonde says.

"Alrighty then, a hot coffee for...." He pauses waiting for the other to state his name.

"Clay." he says brushing his hair out of his face with his free hand.

"Fantastic! Your coffee will be out soon, Clay." Karl says with a smile on his face putting his notepad away. He walks away to go behind the counter.

Clay turns his head to look back out of the window. Another night of again a boring summer he thinks to himself. He brings his phone out to check the time. It read 2:10am and there were some messages.

1 message from: Mom

5 messages from: Nick

3 messages from: Drista🍴

10 discord notifications

He opened his mom's message first

Mom