~7~ His Name

"Hey Clay!" Nick called, waving his hand at the blonde sitting in the back booth.

"Hey Nick" Clay said as he took a sip of his coffee. Nick waved at the waiter, Tommy, before seating himself at Clay's table.

"Dude I get that you have a bit of insomnia but please you need to go home and go to bed. Drista is probably worried about you too man." Nick stated. Clay just looked out the window that overlooked the city below.

"Drista has a friend over and she knows I will be out late" Clay said softly. He gripped the warm mug in his hand before bringing it to his mouth and taking a sip.

"Yeah but still, you gotta go home." Nick said.

"But I don't want to." Clay murmured, tapping his fingers along the wooden table. Nick went to say something but Clay interrupted him.

"I didn't tell you I was here so you could scold me and drag me home, Nick." Clay said bluntly.

"Then why did you tell me?" Nick asked. Clay just shrugged and looked back out of the window.

"You don't even know if he-" Clay cut him off again

"I know." Clay's eyes finally met Nicks, he just sighed and waved his hand to call over the waiter. Tommy made his way over to them with a hot coffee pot.

"Hello, again, what can I do for you today?" The kid asked as he refilled Clay's mug.

"Can I get a lemonade please?" Nick asked, the other nodded and walked off into the kitchen. The boy came out within 5 minutes with a lemonade in hand.

"My shift ends in about ten minutes which means my co-worker will be taking care of you" Tommy said with a heavy sigh at the end. Nick thanked him along with an early tip.

Clay kept his eyes on the window, his mind replaying over and over the image of the gid in the light blue crew neck. To his deep brown eyes and fluffy brown hair, the small red tint to his cheeks, the feel of his soft cold hands. I feel like a stalker. Clay thought. What do I do if he does come in again? Do I ask for his number? Would he feel weirded out? Clay sighed, his attention pulled to the front door as another customer walked in.

"Clay, how long are you gonna stay here and stare out the window?" Nick asked.

"I don't know." He mumbled. Clay took another sip of his coffee, feeling the hot liquid melt down his throat as he swallowed (I just realized how bad that sounds please-).

"Well, it's 1:30am. You need to fix your sleep schedule because football camp shit is coming up in a week. If you wanna keep your quarterback status you have to go and have your head in the game." Nick sighed and Clay said nothing. Only nodding.

Clay started to pack up, he looked over toward the counter. Nobody was there, Tommy probably left and there would be another guy on his shift. He sighed and looked at Nick.

"Fine lets go." Clay was disappointed but brushed it off. He figured it was a long shot anyway. The boys were about to wiggle out of their seat until a kid with fluffy brown hair, bluish-green eyes, and purple nails walked up to them with a goofy smile.

"Hello again!" He said cheerfully.

"Hi Karl, how are you?" Clay asked, obviously tired. Karl took out the check from in apron's pocket and slid it over to the boys.

"I'm doing great! I just started my shift." Karl said. He seemed nervous as he eyed Nick in the booth. Nick winked at him playfully and the goofy boy's cheeks started to turn bright pink.

"Shame, I was just leaving." Clay said, placing a $10 dollar bill on the table. He smiled and wiggled out of the booth seat.

"All good! It's late anyway, you really gotta fix that sleeping schedule of yours." Karl laughed.