~8~ DIY Stitches

TW⚠️: Language, abuse (mental and physical), homophobia, homophobic slurs, blood, needles, glass, might be more but these are the major ones!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Sit still please" George mumbled, wiping the dried blood that laid behind Beth's shoulder. She tried to stop moving but the discomfort was still too much, the small pieces of the brown beer bottle still stuck in place.

"Here, lay on your stomach so I can take the glass out, okay?" She nodded and slowly laid down as instructed, wincing at the pain that shot through her shoulder. George took the disinfected tweezers and started to pick out the shards of glass that sat within the skin and put them in a bowl on the desk next to Beth's bed.

Beth stayed quiet, aside from the small sniffles and slight sobs that occasionally escaped her mouth. George kept pulling the pieces out until there was nothing else to pull. Thanks to the internet and the CVS down the street, plus practice of course, George knew how to do stitches (Please for the love of god do not do this at home, it is so dangerous I swear just go to the hospital.).

He disinfected the area and handed Beth one of her belts.

"If you don't want it to get infected you're gonna need to let me sitch you up. Its gonna hurt like a motherfucker." George sighed, Beth nodded and took the belt and put it in her mouth to keep from biting her tongue off on accident. George sighed and got up to go wash his hands again then putting clean gloves on. He made his way back over to the bed.

"I don't have numbing shit, Beth. I'm not going to lie, this shit is going to hurt so bad. More than it is now but it'll be worth it in the future." Beth just sobbed quietly then nodded, giving George consent to stitch her up. He picked up a needle and surgical thread. Just as he was about to begin Beth stopped him.

"Wait. Before you continue can you sing one of your songs while you do it, please? I know it's stupid but please it'll help." She softly asked. George nodded, squeezed one of Beth's hands, and started humming then softly singing. (I know this song is kinda upbeat but just imagine him singing it softly and a bit quiet, okay:)? Also, the song is "This December" By Ricky Montgomery, you should play it quietly to get the full experience).

Only in my darkest moments can I see the light

I think I'm prone to getting blinded when it's bright

Well, this December, I'll remember

Want you to see it when I do

Ooh

George squeezed Beth's hand again to warn her that he was going to start. She put the belt back into her mouth and buried her head into her soft, light gray pillow.

Only in my darkest moments can I see the light

I think I'm prone to getting blinded when its bright

Well, this December, I'll remember

Want you to see it when I do

Ooh

God knows I do

I'm alright if you're alright

He then, while continuing to softly sing, stuck the needle into his sister's skin. She cried out, her tears getting caught on the pillowcase and her screams muffled. George started to form tears in his eyes, seeing his sister in this state broke his heart.