~23~ Going Back

Heyyyy how ya'll doin?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

6:23pm. George, Clay, Beth, and Drista sat in the living room. They were quietly watching TV while eating Pizza Clay ordered for dinner. The girls sat spread out on the floor and the boys were on the couch. Nobody spoke of the incident, which George was grateful for. He didn't want to think about it anymore, let alone talk about it. He hated that he made everyone worry, he felt as if it was his fault.

George took a bite of his pizza, letting the cheese stick to the roof of his mouth as he chewed. He thought about what he and Beth were going to do. He couldn't just live with Clay and his sister. He thought some more, thinking about what he was supposed to do for the rest of the weekend at least. It was Saturday, tomorrow was Sunday and... shit.

"Wait Beth, don't you have a baseball game tomorrow?" George asked, setting his pizza back onto his plate and wiping his hands off on a napkin. His voice was still a tiny bit strained but it was getting better, besides, he came to terms that he couldn't just not say anything.

"Yeah, I guess. I was going to text Tommy to tell Coach I couldn't make it." Beth shrugged, she took a sip from her soda then bit into her pepperoni pizza slice. George's attention snapped to her immediately.

"What? Why!?" He exclaimed, his voice laced in a worried tone. Beth just looked at him with a face that was like 'seriously? Are you actually asking me that?'

"Because of what happened earlier, I don't want to leave you. I can miss one game, it's no problem." Beth shrugged again and took another sip of her soda.

"It's the first game of the season though!" George exclaimed, his voice cracking a bit. Beth just shrugged again and looked at the floor while eating.

"You're going." Beth went to argue but was interrupted.

"I'll be there, I'll watch you from the stands" He said with a smile. Beth's frown started to turn into a small smile.

"But, you're not going to be feeling good. I don't want to drag you out there, plus we don't have your car." Beth tried to come up with excuses. She was worried about her brother and didn't want to bring him around a bunch of yelling people in crowded bleacher stands.

"We can take you, right Clay?" Drista chimed in, looking at her brother. Clay nodded.

"Of course."

Beth thought for a moment and smiled. She took a bite out of her pizza when her frown resurfaced.

"My gear. It's in your car." She sighed. George stopped eating. We have to go back to the house to get her stuff.

"Then I guess we're going home and grabbing your stuff." George said, trying to hide the fear in his voice. Maybe dad won't be home. It was a Saturday night after all. Everyone looked at George, he was avoiding contact with everyone. He could feel their eyes on him.

"What? No. We are not going back there" Beth said quickly, putting her drink onto the coffee table.

"Beth, we can't avoid it. We are still both minors and legally they own us. Besides, our stuff is there." George said, trying to reason out the situation. Beth just shook her head.

"But can we just not go back for a bit? Like for the weekend? I don't want you there." Beth pleaded. George sighed.

"Beth, I can take care of myself. You don't need to worry, alright? Besides, it's a Saturday night. He's probably not even home." George said. Beth sighed in defeat and nodded.