CHAPTER THIRTY-SIX

_________
- Monday,
8:12 am

Before you know it, the weekend was over. Your head fell to your desk, letting out a pale and hoarse sigh.

"(L/n)-san?" Akaashi, who noticed your gloomy presence once again, faced you.

"Don't worry, Akaashi-san. I just hate Mondays." You replied in a tired tone.

Yesterday, you spent the whole day writing for your novel. It was tiring, it drained your energy.

"Ah, understandable." He didn't want to be nosy so he prepared his textbooks and such.

The door opened, your teacher entered the room making everyone silent and sit properly in their seat.

Your teacher propped his folders and books on the desk and he placed his hands firmly on the desk. "Everyone listen. I have an important announcement." He adjusted his glasses.

You slowly lifted your head, slightly frowning. You were tired but you needed to listen.

"In the next two months, we will be having a festival, or rather a 95th-anniversary celebration of our campus." He explained.

The students perked up, gasping and whispering to each other. "This is similar to your sports festival but... Without sports." He grinned a bit.

You could hear the others silently cheering and giggling, "How exciting..." You rested your jaw on your palm, you would be excited right now but your sleepiness says no.

"And each department should contribute to the festival and I have decided that we'll be collaborating with the Theatre department. It should be obvious right now, we'll be having a play but our role is to give the theatre department a story to play, so... The project I gave you about writing your short novels will be chosen and adapted for the play. So, it'll both be adapted into a play and it'll be an official novel." He finally finished.

The students chattered loudly, being excited and thrilled. Not gonna lie, you were thrilled too but you realized the deadline will be cut short than it should be.

"Damn it." You let out a silent groan, putting your head back to your desk.

Akaashi looked at you, a bit worried. "I wonder what's on her mind."

________
-11:25 am

Later at lunch, you were with Shedai. Akaashi unfortunately had to speak with the teacher regarding the play collaboration. He seemed so interested in it, you wish him luck that his short novel will be chosen.

"Wow, a play? Hell yeah! I'll go watch, and make sure to discount my pay." Shedai winked at you, stuffing the sushi on her mouth.

"I don't think I can do that." You nervously chuckled. "Aww, come on. I'm pretty sure you can convince your upperclassmen !" She giggled. You let out a low sigh, thinking about it.

Suddenly, someone smacked Shedai's head. "Don't force (F/n)-san." It was Aoi, who had a tray on her grasps.

"Ow, that hurt!" Shedai whined. "Oh, Aoi-chan!" You greeted her with a smile.

A tint of blush appeared on her cheeks, seeing you smile made her flustered. "Hello, (F/n)-san." She greeted back, averting her gaze away.

"What are you doing here, shorty?" Shedai faced her, slightly grinning.

"... C-can I sit with you two?" She stuttered, gripping the tray on her hands tightly.

Shedai raised her brows. "No-"