Percieve

I have always thought that an appreciation of the arts is what lifts us beyond mere animals. It stirs the passions and moves the spirit, and, this author hopes, inspires more newsworthy pursuits. A new wing at Somerset House is to be opened today, where several attractions will be on display... like the lovely Miss Marina Thompson, newly recovered from her mysterious illness and expected to finally rejoin the season.

Whenever the whole Bridgerton family is leaving for an event, it is bound to be chaotic, and this occasion was no exception. As Gregory and Hyacinth bounded through the downstairs foyer, nannies in toe, the rest of the ladies were attempting to make their way downstairs with maids fussing about either their hair or their belongings. The Bridgerton boys, however, were already in the foyer, ready to go. Anthony and Benedict stood on opposite sides of the room, using much effort not to make eye contact. Colin paced back and forth excitedly, holding his top hat in one hand and Whistledown in the other.

"Here we all are." Violet anounced as they finally descended the steps. "Gregory! Hyacinth! Let us go now!" They all began to make their way to the door.

"Mother? Is Abigail not coming today?" Anthony questioned, noticing she did not descend the steps with them.

"Of course she is dear, she is meeting us there. Why?" Violet turned around just before exiting through the doors.

"I just- She just usually arrives with us for these things that is all." Anthony said, rather flustered.

Daphne snorted as she passed him and he elbowed her on the way out.

"Don't." He whispered as he led her to the carriage.

"I said nothing." She whispered back, then took his hand to stabilize herself upon entering the carriage.

Of course, there is today's royal attraction as well, Prince Friedrich of Prussia. His Highness has come to our shores in want of a fine Fräulein. Could this be the reason a certain language tutor has been seen visiting Cowper House all week?

The ride was not long and soon enough they had all arrived at Somerset House. The youngest Bridgertons bounded out of their carriages and had to be called back in by their mother. Anthony offered his arm to her and they began to walk behind the rest of the family, partly to keep an eye on the two in front.

As they walked into the grand home, Anthony's eyes scanned the group of young ladies that surrounded the Prince, hoping to spot Abigail. He did not quite realize he was doing it until he concluded she wasn't there, then felt a sense of disappointment. It had seemed they had arrived before her. 

Walking into the grand room of paintings was certainly a sight, indeed. However, Anthony didn't get to enjoy it long before his mothers voice interrupted his thoughts. 

"Miss Anna Vaughn. Speaks several languages, I hear." She commented, pointing out the lady in question. "Miss Mary Egglesfield. She's meant to be quite the reader." 

"Were I looking for a list of debutantes and their dubious accomplishments, I could have stayed home and read Lady Whistledown." He cut her off before walking away from her, swiftly. There was only one debutante that occupied his mind, and she had yet to arrive. 

Although, without his knowledge, she had arrived. She slipped in, so no one would notice her lack of escort, and quickly scanned the room. Spotting Anthony, she intentionally walked in the opposite direction. Landing, in fact, next to Benedict.