Epilogue

It has been said, that silence can wield more power than words. No one knows that better than me. It is in silence where one may find truth. All one has to do, I suppose... is listen for it. I know there will always be times when silence is necessary. And of course, times when it is not.

Gentle reader, you thought I was silenced, but you thought wrong. And if there is one thing you should know by now, it is that this author cannot keep quiet for long.

Yours truly, Lady Whistledown

Abigail looked out onto the grounds of her home, Aubrey Hall, thinking about the Whistledown that was delivered that day. Granted, it was a couple of days old seeing as it traveled here by mail from Mayfair, but it proved an interesting read. 

It is in silence where one may find truth.

She thought over that line as she added some final flowers to the bouquet in front of her. She had kept silent about this secret for long enough, but she thought she was justified. She needed to be sure, and now that her in-laws were on their way down for the annual Pall-Mall game (or so Anthony called it) she would be able to announce it to everyone at once. 

She had arranged for the magnificent yard to be decorated and prepared with tea service, and Anthony had seen to the mallets and wickets. 

Speaking of, he should hurry along, his family would be here any minute. She stepped away from the bouquet, and gave one last look over at the table and tent. 

"Olivia!" Abby called. 

"Yes, Miss." Olivia, her lady's maid, responded from only a few feet away. 

"Would you assure that the cakes are put out soon? They should be here any moment." 

"Of course, miss."

"And have you seen His Lordship?" Abby added before either of them could move. 

"One of the footman said he was in the shed around the corner." Olivia said while giving her mistress a knowing look.

Abigail rolled her eyes. Undoubtedly her husband was trying something to favor his chances of winning later. 

She marched along the grounds and around the corner of the estate to find exactly what she expected. Anthony was pulling some wickets out from the shed, and tossing them into two piles. 

"What exactly do you think you are doing?" She called

Anthony froze and turned around, an indulgent smirk on his face. He was truly evil. Sometimes he knew just the way to look at her that would turn her knees to liquid. 

'Not this time though' she thought to herself, or rather hoped. His family would be here soon, they shouldn't waste time. 

"Getting the last few wickets out of storage." He sidled in front of her, his arms automatically finding her waist, and his head ducking down for a kiss. 

She swerved, trying to avoid distraction, which was clearly his goal. 

Her plan didn't work though. Her husband was too quick and immediately started kissing and sucking on her neck. 

Her breath caught. 

"Anthony," she bit back a moan as he knew right where her sweet spot was. "Your family will be here any minute." 

"You're an excellent Viscountess. Have I ever told you?" He said in between kisses, he was making his way up to her lips. "So smart, dutiful... graceful."