ch. 32 ♩clarity.

CHAPTER THIRTY TWO:clarity

CHAPTER THIRTY TWO:
clarity.

When you first got your deal with Reeves Records, there were two overall reactions within the teen band.

One-glee. Eren and Jean were over the moon the second they received the message that asked for you all to go to the headquarters in Sina.

But the second? Reluctance. You, Mikasa and Professor Ackerman were hesitant, especially having it come from such a big label, known for their absolute legends of musical talent.

Now, as your band's advisor, Professor Ackerman was determined to do the best for you and your odd friends. He was suspicious, especially of the extremely tall man who was offering to be the band's manager.

Why would he let this absolute chaos of a man manage a band of four seven/eighteen-year-olds, much less one who seemed to pop up out of nowhere?

Perhaps he was just jealous that you all would practically be replacing him as the band's figurative parent, but he also had a weird feeling about it.

Had you all been younger, perhaps he'd have said no without consulting everyone. But you were all about to graduate from the academy, and after this, he had no authority over anyone.

Mikasa was a different case. She wanted her privacy and enjoyment of a normal life, with a normal family and a normal job. Even though she started plotting her organization for orphans with Connie, she was more on the careful side, not wanting to do anything too life-altering.

Meanwhile, Eren and Jean just about quit everything.

Jean gave up a scholarship at an art school, and another one at Paradis University, because why would he need to put himself through four more years of school when he could just put himself on a silver platter and receive money and fame in return?

That was literally what he said. Connie teased him for sounding like he was talking about becoming a stripper.

Then, there was Eren (though he hadn't been smart enough for full-rides at any extended educational facilities), who didn't see the point in a college education when he'd barely been scraping by with passing grades throughout highschool. He wasn't as quiet during those days as you saw later on.