Four

-ˋˏ ༻✿༺ ˎˊ-

-ˋˏ ༻✿༺ ˎˊ-

To say that Derek was worried was an understatement. He didn't like not knowing things and this was quite the mystery.

After they had the conversation with the girl about what had happened to her his brain was scattered, he didn't know what to think and he didn't know where to even start. In his long years of being part of the supernatural, he had never come across something like this.

"Okay so what do we do now?" Melissa had asked once the three had stepped out of the hospital room. She was biting the skin around her nails, watching Derek as he looked through the small window into the room. "I mean what do we do after the tests are done. I am not going to send her back out there without doing some regular health tests."

"No, she's staying here till we know what to do next." Derek said, his gaze still fixated on the girl in the room. His eyes were still flickering between blue and green while his gums were starting to hurt. "I think our next move is to bring in the vet."

"Why?" Scott looked at him questioningly, he was a bit thrown off his game by this girl. His control seemed to be gone with her and his mind was a bit shaken and confused. "Why do you want to bring in Deaton?"

Derek finally turned his gaze away from the window and to the other two people in the hallway. His arms were crossed as he gave the younger alpha a deadpan look, his brow slowly raised as his head tilted slightly.

It was an expression that Scott was all too familiar with.

"Why do you think?" He said, "that vet knows everything that we don't. This girl, she's a fucking mystery and we don't know anything about her except what she told us. If there is someone who knows about a story like hers, it's Deaton."

Scott was silent for a moment as he stared at the older werewolf, then he glanced at his mother who seemed to be agreeing with him and was now waiting for her son's response. "Alright fine. You have a point."

"I know."

There was a tense silence between the two werewolves that Melissa felt uncomfortable about as she watched the two have a stare down. Eventually though, Derek was the one who broke it as his gaze was pulled back to the room with the mystery girl.

Melissa wrung her hands as she watched the way Dereks face changed from stern and cold to something... softer, or more protective. She stepped closer to the window and noticed how he stiffened as she watched the girl play around with the rolling chair that was in the room. She had a smile on her face as she softly spun around while rolling through the room, arms outstretched to make sure she didn't bump into anything.