Eight

-ˋˏ ༻✿༺ ˎˊ-

-ˋˏ ༻✿༺ ˎˊ-

"So I got us something to drink." Derek said, holding two steaming cups in his hands. The girl glanced up at him from where she was lost in thought, staring at her clenched hands. "It's tea, be careful though, it's hot."

She nodded and watched as he put the cup on the table. She wasn't sure what she was supposed to do now, she had led them to the place she woke up at so what now? she was confused and tired and just did not know what was next.

"how do you feel about trying to figure out your name, hm?" Derek said and he watched as the girl lifted her head to look at him. Her eyes were wide as she nodded frantically. She longed to have her name back, her identity. Without her name she felt like she didn't belong, didn't matter cause she was a no one so she really wanted her name back.

"okay uhm, lets go through the alphabet and when I say the letter that sounds familiar we'll go try names that start with that letter, alright?" She nodded in conformation, she didn't know how this was supposed to work if she didn't remember her name.  She was willing to try though. "okay, close your eyes. it might help you focus."

She took a deep breath as she sank into the couch next to Derek. He watched as all the tension left her body as soon as she closed her eyes. He smiled, she looked so innocent like this and she really was innocent. He was even scared to come near her, afraid he'd taint her light with his darkness.

after taking a deep breath himself, he started saying the alphabet and soon enough got the answer as to what letter was first.

"A-" he started and stopped immediately as he watched her eyes fly open to the sound of the letter. He nodded at her reaction, "Okay, so your name starts with an A, that's good to know. Im going to go through a list of names now, open your eyes when I get I right or get near it."

"Alice," nothing.

"Arianna," no reaction.

"Ashlyn?" again, nothing.

"Abby-" her eyes fluttered, she recognized it but it didn't sound fully right. it was close though, very close. She put up her hand and made a pinching motion with her fingers, letting Derek know that he was close.

"okay, that's good." he said softly "Abilene?"

She didn't give any reaction to the name, so he continued.

"Abigail?"

Her eyes opened, a gasp escaped from her throat as memories were flashing through her head and the name Abigail was heard over and over again. She was getting overwhelmed while visions of a young girl, running through the forrest dressed in a white dress flitted through her mind. Her name was being called and she was laughing as she ran away from the person who was chasing her.

Next it was her laughing and dancing with friends around a fire, flowers in her hair as her eyes twinkled with happiness. She was twirling and dancing as her name left the lips of a laughing brunette, pure joy radiating off everyone in that clearing.

The other memory was of her in the woods, sitting in front of a few dead flowers. She vaguely remembers it being a dry summer during that time. Someone she loved deeply was standing beside her, saying her name while guiding her hands and telling her to close her eyes and focus on the feeling of life running through her veins. A smile came on her face as she felt tingled throughout her entire body, smiling as she felt the energy go into the dead plants. it grew even bigger once she opened her eyes and saw the healthy flowers that were once dull and wilted.

The feeling of happiness swirled through her entire being, seeing al the happy memories of her name being called in pleasant moments. They took a turn for the worse though when in one memory, it started to rain. Abigail watched as past her started looking around, her smile slightly disappearing as she noticed the absence of one of her friends.

She was frantically looking around, searching for someone and fear was slowly creeping up on her. The sky was darkening quickly and the fire they were just dancing around slowly got smaller and smaller as the rain kept pelting down on them. Everyone else had already started running to find shelter from the harsh weather, but Abigail was adamant on finding her friend.

she flinched when a scream ripped through the air, debating on running from or towards it. Though her mind was changed when the scream came again, but this time of her name.

☾☆☽

"did you find out her name?"  Scott asked as soon as he picked up the call from Derek. Deaton and himself didn't have much luck on finding something about what happened to her, they did find something about a burial near the nemeton but there was no further context.

"yeah we did, only her first name." Derek said, he figured that after that intense reaction to her first name they'd try the last name another time. He stared at the girl who was now sleeping on his couch, all curled up and slightly shivering. He cursed himself for not having a throw blanket at this moment.

"that's okay, we'll figure out the rest later." Scott assured, he knew that there were more things to deal with, more things to worry about. he thought that as long as she was safe and not harmed, it could wait.

"yeah," Derek mumbled, he wasn't really agreeing with saying that it could wait. He wanted that Abigail could live her life again, without having to worry about who she is. "what about you guys, what did you find out?"

"not much, we did find that there has been a burial near the nemeton sometime in the 1600's but we found no other information than that."  Scott said and Derek sighed, at least now they had a hunch about from which time period she came from. Now it makes sense as to why she was so fascinated with cars and rolling tables.

"Okay, let's hope that her memories come back soon." he mumbled and hung up the phone. He turned towards Abigail who was sleeping on the couch. The girl was exhausted after seeing all those memories, especially the last one. She didn't tell Derek what she saw, just that it started out good but turned foul pretty quickly.

The man watched her, phone still clutched in his hand before dropping it on the chair. He looked her over, she didn't seem very comfortable on the couch. He should move her to somewhere more comfortable. He slowly and carefully picked her up, his brows furrowed as he felt how light she was.

He took careful steps towards the stairs in his loft, it was tricky to get her upstairs without bumping her feet against the railings of the steps. He did it though, it took longer than it should've but he was very careful to not bump into anything. Eventually he came to his bed and gently lowered Abigail onto the comfortable mattress.

He grinned when she let out a satisfied sigh. If It was true and she came from the 1600's, she most likely didn't have soft mattresses. He could imagine that this was a nice change of whatever she may have had back then.

He kept looking at her, his eyes traveling over her soft and relaxed features. He would be lying if he said that Abigail wasn't beautiful. He sighed and tucked a few loose strands behind her ear before leaving and walking down the stairs again.

*

*

a/n: CHAPTER 8! hope you liked it and I hope that you are enjoying the chapters so far :) im excited to dive further into this Story with you guys and uncover the mystery that is Abigail!

also, don't forget to vote!

lots of love, Leia