Chapter# 8

Sandal POV:

I glanced at my watch and stood up. The whole day, Sir Ahmed didn't give me any work, nor asked me to make coffee.

Is mad at me?

I don't get it if he is angry then why didn't he say anything? Have I broke some sort of rules or did something I shouldn't have? He has been giving me the silent treatment since we came back from Mr Arshad's office. His behaviour was quite unprofessional and why he was bothered by a kid?

Speaking of him, Fahad was really something, it was unbelievable how easily he angered him and I never thought that he would really come just to pick me up.

Lost in thoughts, I walked outside. The whole floor was empty, only Mr Ahmed and I the only ones left. I prayed Maghrib and made a cup of tea for myself, didn't even bother to ask him. Not wanting to make any noise, I came back to my office quietly. Putting my cup on the table, I leaned back to my seat and closed my burning eyes.

Suddenly, a loud crashing sound startled me. It was like someone hit a glass with full force. Mechanically, I barged into Mr Ahmed's office, where the noise came from. The first thing I saw was the broken glass pieces near the wall. I looked at Sir, he was standing near his desk, glaring at me. From the deep frown on his face, I can guess he was angry and I don't want to deal with him right now. As I was about to leave, my eyes landed on his injured hand. It was bleeding badly even his cuff was soaked with blood.

"Yo.. Your hand..." My body started to shiver by the sight of it and before I could say anything, my vision went blurry.

"Sandal!" A masculine voice called out my name. I heard him, but before I could answer, everything went blank.

~*~

Ahmed's POV:

My anger disappeared when I saw Sandal's pale face, which was getting paler. Her eyes were wide and her breath was laboured. She stuttered something which I didn't understand and fainted straight afterwards. I ran towards her, barely able to stop her from hitting the floor. I called out her name and patted her cheek several times, but no response. She was completely unconscious.

It took me a while to realize what just happened. Sandal has fainted and her scarf was stained with my blood, as I tried to stop her from falling. My hand hurts like hell and still bleeding, plus I have an unconscious girl in my office, or should I say in my... arms? That weird girl was in my arms? I peered down at her and my eyes widened, realizing what position we were in.

Slowly, I lay Sandal on the floor and stood up. I grabbed the first aid box, bandaged my hand before walking back to Sandal and felt a little guilty for leaving her on the floor. What should I do? Should I take her to the couch? But would she approve it?

She isn't conscious to disapprove it!

Carefully scooping up in my arms, I laid her down on the nearest sofa and took off her glasses. I felt strange, not because I haven't touched any girl in my life. I have a huge list of ex-girlfriend which I am really proud but my family didn't know about it. I am also not a good Muslim as they think.

Well, that's not the point here. She was one of those girls who doesn't throw themselves on men and I respect her for it. Perhaps that was the reason I felt strange. I glance back at her pale face, it looked like all the blood drained from her.

Should I call a doctor?

No...bad idea!

Sighing, I took my phone and call Zohma.

~*~

Leaning against my seat, I kept gazing at Sandal's tired face. She looked so different without her glasses. Her long curly lashes looked so good with her pale skin, that I can't help myself from staring at her.