Chapter# 3

Edited by AdibahRafhanah

Ahmed's POV:

"Follow me, Ms Sandal." I said.

She stood up and mumbled something to Mamo before start following me as I take the lead. Entering into the office, I sat on my seat, took a random file from the desk and start pretending to read it. I didn't even bother to look at her or ask her to sit.

Why am I acting like a jerk?

Few minutes passed, both of us stay silent. I glanced at her and found her looking back at me with a blank expression.

What is she doing?

She has been standing at the door for five minutes but didn't utter a single word. I didn't realize I was staring at her until she changed her position uncomfortably.

"Ms Sandal, wait in that room. I'll send someone to give you a briefing on your job." I said, pointing towards the glass door on the right side of my office. She nodded and went inside.

~*~

Sandal's POV:

The room in which I entered wasn't a waiting area, it was an office. I stood there for a minute, before taking a chair near the office desk. About five minutes later, I heard a knock on the door and a man came in, with a bright smile on his face.

"Assalam o Alaikum! You must be Sandal, right? I am Ali." He said, smiling even wider.

"Waallaikum Assalam." I said and tried to return his smile.

"Mr Ahmed sent me to give you a little rundown on your job. Firstly, your job timing will be from nine to five and from one p.m. to two p.m. is lunch and prayer time. Second, Boss is quite strict when it comes to working, so never be late. Third, complete the given work in time and listen carefully to what he says because he doesn't like to repeat himself and... oh the most important thing is, ...uh ...stay alert from the other female staffs, okay?" He said with a blush on his face.

I didn't get his point but I nodded.

"Good! Now let's start with your job description." He said with a warm smile.

Compared to Mr Ahmed, he was quite nice and has a warm aura, which didn't make me uncomfortable. I am not used to working with men as I am from a girl majority family.

For the next forty minutes, he gave me a briefing about my work and gave me today's task, which was to familiarise with all the office staff and try to understand how things are done. After he left, I looked at my watch and realize it's already Eleven thirty a.m. I got up from my chair and start exploring my office, observing the arrangements of the files, various documents and etc. I also found a glass door which connects my room directly to Mr Ahmed's office. I took a peek inside and found him talking on the phone. He was leaning back to his seat, one hand on his desk and the other one holding his phone. He does look like a boss, but not a nice one.

I came back to my desk, turned on my desktop computer and start looking through random documents. My attention was diverted when I hear the intercom ringing.

"Hello?" I answered.

"Sandal! Mr Ahmed says you can take off early today and be at the office tomorrow before nine, okay?" I heard Mr Ali's voice.

"Okay."

"Good, so see you tomorrow. Allah Hafiz." He said and disconnected.

I guess I am free to go home now. Standing up, I took another peek of Mr Ahmed's office, but he was nowhere to be found. I have a feeling that he avoided me on purpose. He could have told me directly instead of asking Mr Ali to do it for him. So I left without waiting for him.