Chapter#33

Not edited!

Sandal's POV:

"So Bhabi are you going to continue your studies?" Salman Bhai asked.

"No... At least not for now." Ahmed said before I could answer. I looked at him bewilderingly, unable to understand his logic. Qurat-ul-Ain Bhabi seemed to understand the situation so she called me.

"Sandal, help me serving the dinner please."

"Sure Bhabi." I said slowly and we walked to the kitchen together.

"Tell me, having a problem in dealing with Ahmed?" She asked out of nowhere and caught me off guard. I tried to deny it but no words came out of my mouth and I start fidgeting.

"You don't have to be nervous Sandal. We are friends for so many years... and we know each other very well... I can tell that he is causing a problem for you... listen, we still have little time for dinner... so let me tell you something about your husband." She led me to the living room. It was empty as everyone was sitting on the lawn.

"To be honest with you, I don't know if I should tell you or not because it is something related to the Wali family. But a part of me wanted to tell you because you are the only one who can help him and besides it will help you to understand him better. Otherwise, both of you ended up hurting each other ." I nodded. She took a breath and started, "Ahmed's father had a younger brother who fell in love with a middle-class girl. Ahmed's grandparents didn't like the girl. You know the status difference thing, but he insisted on marrying her. So his parents gave up and approved it. Unfortunately, his wife ...turns out to be a gold-digger and unfaithful to her husband...He died after four years of his marriage, one year after Ahmed's father's death... within three years both Ahmed's grandparents also died... I don't know the whole story about what really happened but I hope you can get it now why he hated middle-class people before he met you."

I sat there still and keep staring at her, couldn't believe what I just heard.

"What's the matter? Why you looked so shocked?"

"S-sorry. It's just... it's hard for me to believe that things like these happened in real life."

She laughed and said, "You really are an innocent person .... and beautiful too. No wonder Ahmed can't help himself falling for you."

"Bhabi please don't make fun of me."

"I am serious dear... anyways, back to the point. Your life from here gets a little difficult. There are chances that Ahmed might test you on basis of his family experience... but don't give up and try to gain his trust even if he becomes overly protective, possessive and demanding."

"Gain his trust?... are you saying that he doesn't trust me now?" I frowned.

"Sandal, he trusts you and loves you... more than you realize. Believe me, we all have seen his restlessness because of you but his heart is still haunted by his past fears... give him time, please ... he is a very dear friend of ours. We don't want his future to destroy because of his past... we want him to live a happy life... so, will you help him?" She said holding my hands on her own and I nodded.

He had good friends...

The whole time at dinner I kept silent and thinking about what Bhabi said. I understood his problem but don't know how to fix it. I was so lost in thought that I barely eat. When I was about to get up from the dining table, I felt a hand on my left thigh. I looked up and found Ahmed looking at me. He gave me a questioning look, maybe asking what was I thinking and I shook my head in negative. I turned my face to my right side, where Saeed Bhai's two years old son Hamza destroying his clothes while trying to eat his mashed potatoes by himself.