Chapter#40

Not edited.

Ahmed's POV:

"I was told that there was an attack on APS (Army Public School) but didn't know the real situation so the hope that everything is fine, remained in my heart until I reached the hospital with my friends. It was my decision not to take Ami there and my friends supported me in every way." She said, sitting on the couch beside me. She turned off the television and closed her eyes.

"The boys from my class reached there before me and they were the one told me about Papa, Shoaib, and Palwasha's deaths. They informed my relatives and ask me to go home and wait for them to arrive. It was decided that my relatives will identify the bodies but due to lack of space in the morgue, the hospital authorities asked us to take the bodies as soon as possible, as the casualties could be increased. So, I step up."

She identifies the bodies...?

"The morgue was already full with the bodies with bad conditions so the authorities put the other bodies in two halls. One of the students and the other for the school staff. It was easy to found Papa's body. He was shot in the chest and died instantly. Identifying Shoaib's body was..." Tears started dripping from the corner of her closed eyes.

"The rumours of butchering students were true... Their heads," She paused for a second. Her sobs got louder, "their heads were" before she could finish the sentence I pulled her into a hug.

We also heard the rumours that their heads were found in a big plastic bag, while their headless bodies were left in classrooms.

"Shoaib's head was stitched later, Ahmed... I saw those stitches. I saw the red line on his throat." I start making circles on her back hoping it might calm her, but I found myself unable to say soothing words. To be honest I was at a loss for words.

"Palwasha ... Palwahsa body was never found. In fact, no bodies were found in her class. They say that a terrorist closed the classroom door with all children and teachers and blew himself... The things that were found was some half-burned, blooded shoes, books, girl's clips and few body parts... The hospital authorities gather the body parts and inform the parent that they all will be buried together as it is impossible to do any identification. We didn't get the chance to see our baby sister again... the boys of my class take care of the all hospital formalities... I was worried that how I will face Ami but before I could reach home I fainted in the car and woke up after three days. I missed my Papa's and my brother's funeral and also Palwasha's too."

"I still remember the cries were loud... They were louder than I ever heard."

"Ssshh! No more Sandal. Don't recall it, I am sorry I asked." I buried her head in my neck as I circled my arms around her.

I can't imagine the pain she felt, the pain those families felt. I also remember seeing my family crying when they heard this news on television and I stayed in my room. It was too much to hold my emotions and my ego didn't allow me to let others see my cry on it.

Pathan people are considered to be very brave. It was something that they took pride in, but that day I saw their braveness crashing down while picking up the dead and injured bodies of kids.

It was not only them but the whole country was shaken up badly. I saw people crying here too, whenever this topic was brought up. I really wished to help them but I couldn't bring back their kids.

But Allah fulfiled my wish in this way and fate brought Sandal to me. I took a glance at Sandal who was now sleeping peacefully in my arms.

It must be hard on her...

I kissed her temples and bring her to bed and lay her down. I hope she would feel light after waking up. As much as I don't like seeing her crying, I wanted her to share her problems with me, her past, her fears, her dreams. I want to be a part of her life in every way. Like I am willing to share with her.

She changed me, more ways than I could count. I feel a better person now, she erased my fears and now my hatred. I can be free now from the barbed wires of my bitter past that held me captive for years.

I placed a kiss on her forehead and dim the lights of the room. Like I said she changed me, I can handle dim lights now, especially when she has to sleep. I sat down on another side of the bed and open my laptop. I don't think I am sleeping early tonight after listening to her.

She knows very well how to put an upper hand on others. When she told me to forgive 'Her' and cut my ties with Anam, I put this deal. I thought she will never tell anyone about what happened that day. No one knows her part of the story and she kept it to herself. I thought she will back away but things didn't go as I planned. She told me everything and passed the ball to me.
I am already about to leave Anam, as she is no use for me now. But forgive her mother is not something I find myself ready for. I looked at Sandal's sleeping and sighed.

Even a successful businessman is unable to get any advantage in a deal with his wife...

~*~

Sandal's POV:

"Where are we going?" I asked him after he announced to do some packing.

"Islamabad!"

"If it's related to your work then spare me. I am not going."

"It's not. I wanted to show you Saifi House before breaking this news to Ami and others."

Saifi House...

"Will you be... fine?" I asked hesitantly. I don't know he was ready to go there now.

"That why I am taking you." Standing beside me, he answered looking at his phone. My head snapped towards him in shock.

Is he relying on me to help him?

He never said anything like this before, it made me so happy. I turned my attention to my clothes and start packing them. Suddenly he poked a finger on my cheek.

"They are red... I wonder why." He smirked.

"They are not!" I murmured.

"Yes, they are." He folded his arms on the chest.

"What proof you have?" I put a hand on my hip. He raised his brows and dragged me near the mirror.

"See." He said pointed in the mirror.

"I can't." I lied.

"Where are your glasses?"

"I am already wearing it..." I rolled my eyes.

"And you still can't see?"

"No," I tried to hide my smile.

"Okay, now you will." With that, he holds my face with both hands and kissed me.

My eyes went wide and my heart forgot to beat. Before I could respond he pulled back with a victorious smile on his face. His hands slid to my shoulders and he turned me to mirror again.

"Oh! Your face is red now... you look like a tomato... I wonder how will you taste if I bite." He winked at me and I felt my heart skipped a beat.

This man is unpredictable .....
_____________________________________

Salam and hello everyone!
Apologies for the short chapter and my bad English.
I updated a new chapter of "Oh My Darling Teacher" and "You are Mine!" Try them...
A new chapter of "My Four Eyed Husband" will also be updated in this week.

Don't forget to vote and comment!

Take Care :)