Chapter#31

Not edited.

Sandal POV:

"BAJJO...! Ahmed Bhai is calling you..." I was washing dinner dishes when l heard Hareem's shout from my room.

"Go bajjo, your Hubby is calling you." Areeba teased.

"Shut up!" I left the dishes and walked to my room. Hareem was busy playing a game on Ahmed's tablet, while her head resting on his lap and he was guiding her on how to play.

Friendly much ...?

"G (yes)?" I asked entering the room.

"Where is Auntie?" Ahmed asked.

"Sleeping, she got tired because people were coming for condolence."

"Hm, sleep is good for her.... and... where is the cactus?" Hareem giggled when he called Areeba 'cactus'.

"She is making tea." I sat on a cushion in the corner of the room.

When Areeba brings his tea and cold drinks for us sisters. He teased Areeba, "Having Saaliyan (sister-in-law) is a blessing for a man. Right cactus?"

"Every single word you say is correct Dulha (groom) Bhai." Said Areeba smiling and Ahmed's crocked an eyebrow.

So, they are ready for battle ...

We all sat together talking about different things, from our school life till now. Things about Papa, Shoaib, and Palwisha. We never talked like this about them after their deaths and the best thing was, not even once the environment becomes stressful. We went to bed when Hareem sleeps, during our chatting. I was about to lay down beside Ami when Areeba came to me.

"Bajjo! ... I think you should sleep with Ahmed Bhai."

"Huh?"

"He is here leaving his work, his family and all his responsibilities towards her newly wedded sister ... he is here to support you and your family. It's kind of sweet of him... No one does that, bajjo... so, I think you should be with him more... he is your family too."

"I know, but what will Ami thin-"

" Ami will understand ... every mother of a daughter will understand this... go now, I can see you are getting excited now." She smiled mischievously.

"No, I am not!"

"Ahan. But Bajjo the blush creeping up on your face telling a whole different story." She grinned and pushed me out of the room.

~*~

The door was open and I can see him doing work on his tablet, still, I knocked.

"Hey, I thought you went to bed... something wrong?" He inquired and focus back on his tablet.

"No, everything is fine ... I was just wondering can... I..." I stop in the middle when I saw Areeba facepalming herself, from the corner of my eyes.

"You were wondering?" Ahmed turns his full attention to me.

"I-" I was about to say but interrupted by Areeba.

"Uff Bajjo! You can't even say that."

"Say what?" Ahmed got up from the bed, frowning in confusion.

"Take your wife back Ahmed Bhai, she doesn't want to sleep without you." With that Areeba pushed me hard from the back. My feet stumble and I landed on my husband's chest. He quickly takes a hold of me and helps me to steady myself.