Chapter#35

Not edited!

Sandal's POV:

"Are we waiting for someone?" I asked Zohma as we sit at a table, four people.

"Yes. There is someone I want you to meet. He was not able to attend your Walima ceremony because of his illness. So I thought why not today." She shrugged.

"Oh!."

"Ary, you tell me something."

"What?" I said taking a sip of the water.

"When I'll becoming Phuppo (father's sister)?" I choked on water and start coughing.

"Hay! Are you okay?" I heard Zohma's and I glared at her.

"Sheesh! I just ask a simple question."

"What question?" I heard a masculine voice from behind. I quickly turned around and found Ibrar Mamo standing there with a man smiling at us.

"Assalam o Alaikum!" Zohma and I both said in unison and stood up.

"Wallaikum Assalam." Mamo said and gave me a side hug. While Zohma was greeting the other man. He looked like in his mid-sixties and his eyes shine with happiness when our eyes met.

"Sandal, he is Aleem Chisti. He was a very dear friend of Ahmed's father and also Wali family's legal advisor."

"Assalam o Allaikum Sir."

"Wallaikum Assalam beta... and it's not Sir. It's Aleem Chachu. Okay?" He gave me a friendly smile which I returned. We all order our food and Aleem Chachu lead the conversation.

"I wanted to meet you for quite a while Sandal.... and I am glad that you are such a modest and sweet girl..... I have to say Ahmed really choose a rare diamond for himself."

"No, it's...Thank you." Feeling a little embarrassed by his comment I started to play with my bracelet. I really don't understand why these people treat me like someone very special. They all are caring, protective, supported and never missed a chance to praise me for little deeds, including Ahmed.

"Simple and devoted people like you are a rarity in our class. So, you should know your worth dear because without knowing you can't do what we are about to ask you."I said Ibrar Mamo.

"I don't get it."

"I assume you know about Ahmed's having nyctophobia (fear of darkness)?" Ibrar Mamo asked and I nodded.

"Do you know the reason behind it?" Aleem Chachu asked.

"No, but I know a few other things though."

"Such as?" Zohma inquired.

"I know that he hated middle-class people because of your Uncle's wife. Who belonged to the middle class and was also a greedy woman. And after his marriage to her, things start happening in your family. Within six years your father, uncle, and grandparents died and you guys move here to Karachi. Leaving your inherited property in that woman's hand. You only got the business your father had here. After that, you guys are not in touch with her in her kids. But now Ahmed is taking interest in having back our family house, Saifi House that is." I raised my head and found them staring at me like I grew horns on my head.

After the chat with Qurat-ul-Ain Bhabi earlier I did some research on my own and thanks to the internet, I found many things, but I wasn't planning to share the rest with them. I want to hear their part of the story.

"How do you know all that?" Zohma asked, still in a state of shock.

"I was the direct victim of his hatred once. It's natural for me to dig this out."