Chapter#37

Not edited

Sandal's POV:

This place was indeed beautiful and peaceful, but it starting to get boring now. We have been here for eight hours and the only thing we did was rest, eat and rest again.

Both Ahmed and I rest for an hour after reaching here, sitting five hours in the car was exhausting especially with Ahmed like a bored person. He didn't play a single game on the way, all we do was stupid talking about different things.

Later when I tried to play my favourite songs he kept turning it off or changing the song saying it's childish. I compromised with Edd Sheeran but I couldn't stop myself when he called One Direction childish. So, our fight started on a single song, which ended with me saying him an old soul and singing a very old Indian song 'Buddha mil gaya' (I married an old man).

He was pissed and so was I, but everything went back to normal when he bought me ice cream, as soon as we stop at a gas station.

My trail of thoughts broke by my mobile ringing. I look at the caller ID and the number was unknown to me. Silently I got up from the bed the leave the room, not wanting to disturb Ahmed.

"Hello Assalam O Alaikum?"

"Wallaikum Assalam... Am I speaking to Mrs. Ahmed?

"Eh?.. yes ." This was the first time I have been called Mrs Ahmed.

"I am Amna... first cousin of Ahmed Bhai and Anam's big sister."

~*~

"What are you doing?" I heard Ahmed's voice from behind.

"Watching stars... They look beautiful from here."

"Ahan!" He sounds half-hearted.

Realizing my mistake I bit my lip but didn't turn to face him.

"Tell me why are you being so unfair?"

"What?"

"You keep tabs on my every movement and every person I met... you know my friends and my whole family. You literally know my whole life story thanks to my sisters. But why is it that I don't know anything about you?... I have to figure out things about you... You don't trust me so I keep myself from asking things to others."

"I trust you." He defended himself.

"If you do then why you always check my mobile after getting home daily?" I turned to face him but he was already facing the room. He stood on the stairs leaning against the door.

"Look I-"

"It's okay, no need to explain. I already figured out the reason." I cut him in the middle.

"What reason?"

"Chachu Habib's wife."

"How do you know about it?" He narrowed his eyes at me.

"Does it even matter?... what should be matter is that my husband didn't bother to tell me... life partners suppose to know about each other... and I don't know anything about you."

We both kept silent until I broke it.

"Why did you marry me?"

"What?"

"You shouldn't have married me when you are not prepared to share your life." I said and was about to walk away when he stopped me by grabbing my arm.

"What do you want to know?" He whispered.

~*~

"Chachu, Dada, and Dadi didn't die a natural death... They were killed by giving a very small quantity of slow poison for a long time." He said taking a sip of his coffee. He put this condition to make him coffee then he will tell.

"What?... by whom?"

"By our Chachi."

"Huh?... your joking right? Why would she kill her own husband?" I almost yelled.

"I thought you know the reason?" He cocked an eyebrow.

The reason... reason... don't tell me...

"She did this all because of money?" My eyes widened and he just nodded, focusing on his coffee.

"She was never a caring person but after Chachu's death, she got close to everyone. Including me..." He inhaled a deep breath and continues, "We thought she has changed. She started to cook different things for the family, spent more time with everyone. Sometimes she even played with us. I had grown very fond of her but..." He didn't complete the sentence or I should say he couldn't complete the sentences. His grip on the coffee mug was hard, I can see knuckles getting white and his eyes lost in deep thoughts.

Out of nowhere I reached out and embraced him, which he returned and pulled me closer. I tighten my arms around his torso when I felt him shiver.

"Sandal I can't..."

"I know... it's okay." I put my head on his chest and start making a circle on his back hoping it would calm him a bit.

I hate that woman for doing this him... to my husband ...

__________________________________

Salam and hello everyone!

So sorry for the late update... I lost my USB during Ramazan, in which I saved all chapters and couldn't find it yet :(

Now I gave up on finding it and writing the whole chapter again. But I didn't want you to keep waiting, so I will be updating the last chapter in parts.

Sorry for the inconvenience, I hope you understand the situation.

I updated the second chapter of 'My Four Eyed Husband' to try it.

Don't forget to vote and comment.

Take care :)